What are you guys planning for the Super Bowl?

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I honestly don't care about the teams playing but plan on hitting the grocery store for some deals. Thinking about smoking my first pork butt and some ribs. What are y'all doing?

Super throw down: brisket, ribs, chicken, beams. potato salad and slaw - for about 30 or so friends and neighbors.

Carne asada, hot wings, vegi platter, chips, cheeses, crackers, beer, and wine......the usual stuff..:)))

Tri-Tip, pulled pork, ABTs and maybe, just maybe, some MOINKS.

But Cowgirl's Smoked Chuckie Burger (My name for it) is looking pretty good.

One thing different I am working on are some smoked / spiced up pepitas. Plan to use them as a snack, for salads and / or maybe in a dish. I'll post a thread when I get it all figured out but I forgot how addicting they are.

Beer, chips, Rotel dip (velveeta, hamburger, rotel), scotcharoos, beer and 15 lbs. of Boston butts! ...and beer. :thumb:

What game? Once my team is out i quit watching. the steelers stunk this year and falcons pulled a choke job.

don't care much about the game, gonna play with my newly fabricated midi-UDS. not a mini, not a full size. made off a jumbo-joe platform. soooooo.... whatever i can jam in there is dinner!

120 lbs of butts for pulled pork, grilled wings & burgers for the non-BBQ folks & kids. I don't have a dog in the hunt, so I could care less about the game. Just a good excuse to throw some meat on the smoker(s) and have a get together to mourn the last FB game until late summer.

SWMBO's birthday is near the SuperBowl, so we always combine the party. This year we're doing nachos. I'm planning to smoke a big brisket and a small pork butt. Haven't decided if anything else (I only have a WSM 18.5 :wink: )

I'll be making queso and fresh gaucamole from scratch, smoked infused refried beans, and smoked chuckie tacos, and nachos. A local supermarket has bogo free pistachios, so I'll throw a bowl of those out as well. Loads of alcohol, we usually don't drink much but the superbowl is an exception.

Oh yeah, and thanks to this forum I'll be making myself one of those whole rack of ribs McRib sammies! Saw that recipe last week and I've been craving it ever since, lol.

Didn't even realize the game was this weekend. Already had ribs/fatties planned on the new offset for Saturday, then brisket on the WSM the following day. Its been a month since anything was smoked and I already gave the family notice of the incoming meat sweats this weekend.

East Carolina style Pulled pork bbq, bacon wrapped shrimp, a bushel of Sewansecott oysters and mason jar of moonshine.

Back