What to do in Georgia

bearnakedbbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Will be in Georgia taking (2) BBQ classes, so what shoud I see/do on the other 4 days I am not in class?

I will be staying in the Macon area and would be interesed in visiting a great BBQ store, eating great food (maybe not BBQ since I might have get my share at these two classes). Thinking about bring home some Pecans, are they in season? is there a season? Peachs?

Thanks

Troy

Pecans start dropping in mid to late October.

Peaches were a few months ago. Pecans might not be good this year. We've had a very hot summer.

I take it you're going to Unadilla. There's pretty much nothing between Macon and there but Pecan orchids, so you'll have plenty of roadside stands to choose from.

You could put a saw or a hand axe in your truck, and while visiting the area maybe you will see some pecan branches down to snag. Here in Austin, I find at least one good size branch a month that way. Just a thought. Hope you have a good time. :)

Will be in Georgia taking (2) BBQ classes, so what shoud I see/do on the other 4 days I am not in class?

I will be staying in the Macon area and would be interesed in visiting a great BBQ store, eating great food (maybe not BBQ since I might have get my share at these two classes). Thinking about bring home some Pecans, are they in season? is there a season? Peachs?

Thanks

Troy

I don't know the area well enough to recommend any restaurants,but if you're into aviation,this place is a must.

http://www.museumofaviation.org/

It's only about 20mins from Macon.

Back