Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
DSC_0001-140.jpg

Caramelized some onions and mushrooms
DSC_0007-84.jpg

Browned Italian sweet sausage
DSC_0010-84.jpg

Rolled out the dough that I bought a Trader Joe's, I didn't have any in the fridge, it wouldn't roll out to 12-in. no mater how I tried after 15-min. I quit
DSC_0011-60.jpg

Home made sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese
DSC_0013-52.jpg

Mushrooms, sausage, and parmesan gram padano cheese
DSC_0015-52.jpg

DSC_0019-39.jpg

DSC_0022-11.jpg

On for 12-min @ 500*+
DSC_0024-14.jpg

Tasty but not thin like I like them

Thanks for looking

Ross

It looked great though,,,I like thing crust Pizza to, so I know what ya talkin about,, I'd hit that though,....

Great looking pie...

But I'm wondering if anyone else has tried 700+ degrees for a pizza? I love them done that way.. I'm either as hot as can be, or grill the dough and smoke the pizza with the ingredients on.

Do you deliver? :biggrin: Looks mighty tasty Ross, nice job!!

Great looking pie...

But I'm wondering if anyone else has tried 700+ degrees for a pizza? I love them done that way.. I'm either as hot as can be, or grill the dough and smoke the pizza with the ingredients on.

Great looking Pizza, the fresh mozzarella makes a difference!!

I know a guy that does his pies @ 700 , he puts them in for 3 minutes:eek:. I guess any more and it might be toast. I personally haven't tried it, I'm in the process of putting on my Cotronics gasket, maybe soon.

I try to push 725 or more, and found Cowboy charcoal gets me there. 2-2.5 minutes, and off. Any more, and the crust burns, very quickly.

Looks good, I know what you mean about the dough. I have only done a couple Pies but the darn dough was like impossible to stretch, I know it was me because I got it from a Pizza place and they can make it work. Must be throwing it in the air and spinning.

If yer over 700F you've got to have quick reflexes (I'm looking at you cmcadams :D), but it's in that range that makes the best thin crust pizza. I have also had great luck heating my oven to 550F on 'preheat' (turns all the burners on, broiler and everything), preheating for an hour with a slab of quarzite on a shelf, and turning the convection on full blast. Still takes six minutes though, which doesn't make me happy. I could talk *at annoyingly long length* about making pizza, but I'll shut up now.

Regardless, Ross I would nomnom that pizza up quite fast, it looks very good :)

Looks great, good char on parts of the crust. How did you prep the onions?

Great looking pie...

I just did this one lower because it was store bought dough. I usually around 650*-700*

Ross

Back