• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Registering new BBQ name

Hawg Father of Seoul

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We just submitted our paper work to register our name for a BBQ joint.

White Plate Barbecue

Has anyone seen this name used before? We had it researched so we are sure that it is not nationally or locally registered, but we do try to creative.

Been tinkering with the idea. How ever the menu ends up, it will be served on a proper plate with proper flatware.

How can you charge premium money when you are serving it on future landfill?

How do you register a name for a BBQ place or catering biz or food truck?

If you are operating as a sole proprietorship/partnership or as an existing (already registered) Corp or LLC you need to register your new business name as DBA (Doing Business As). This is necessary to tie your new business name to your name or your already existing business entity. This will be done (if your State requires it) at the county or State level.

Here is a Small Business Administration link that explains it in full.

LINK

Been tinkering with the idea. How ever the menu ends up, it will be served on a proper plate with proper flatware.

How can you charge premium money when you are serving it on future landfill?

Because thats how bbq is served! :wink:

Its all about the food, not what its served on. White plates make me think of foo foo bbq.

The most expensive bbq sold in the country right now is probably comin out of a trailer wrapped in butcher paper.

I got the trademark as well. It costs more, but wanted to be sure I owned it.

Sent a PM to va_connoisseur. Hopefully he is okay with the name. I tried to be unique, but there are SO many names taken......

Because thats how bbq is served! :wink:

Its all about the food, not what its served on. White plates make me think of foo foo bbq.

The most expensive bbq sold in the country right now is probably comin out of a trailer wrapped in butcher paper.

LOL

I thought I would piss off more than one person with that one.

Was actually considering colored plates in any color besides white because that would be funny to me.

BTW the most expensive BBQ in this country is served on tiny white plates, tapas.

Having a full beard and mustache, I've become a fussy eater, and would appreciate a plate that would allow me to use a knife and fork. :thumb:

I like the multicolored plate idea. Just have one white plate mounted above the order/checkout counter.

Heck. Even create a myth about it. :becky:

Back