• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A little taste of Summer...Alabama white sauce with chicken and taters...Done and sauced!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The chicken and taters are coming later but this sauce I'll smother on them. I figured many of you are colder than you want to be so this might help...it's something i use commonly in the Summertime.

1 1/2 cups mayo
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 garlic clove minced
1TB Ground pepper
1 TB spicy brown mustard
1 TB sugar
1 TS kosher salt
2 TS horseradish

Mix well and chill for 2-4 hours before serving...it'll last for a good week or better in the fridge.

Chicken and Taters coming later :grin:

Last edited:
I NEED a little taste of summer as it is minus 8 below here in Rochester, Mn. It actually feels balmy after a low of minus 19 this morning !! Thanks for warming up my day ...

I NEED a little taste of summer as it is minus 8 below here in Rochester, Mn. It actually feels balmy after a low of minus 19 this morning !! Thanks for warming up my day ...

Yeppers nice little winter chill...i enjoy it though but i'll welcome Spring and Summer too. Got the Jumbo mini Jimmy smoker going 350 ..now to open a beer and hope i can keep it from freezing on me, i'll park it next to the smoker in between sips.

I'll have to try that but I was raised in Decatur AL. ours was 50/50 mayo and vinegar
a lot of pepper and salt to taste (a lot for me)

I will have to try the sauce.

Food looks great as always.

Man that looks good. Gotta love white sauce. I usually use buttermilk,mayo pickle juice, pickles, parsley, and some times salt and pepper. ive always used it as dipping sauce and its good with anything. Deer chicken pork turkey you name it.
And To me big bob gibsons white sauce out of the bottle has to much of a vinegar taste for me.

Back