BBQ Brethren "Cast Iron" Throwdown

Okay take it easy on me for I have not been in practice for a while due to granny being sick. But I got to get home early and said heck why not do some grilling. Not much in the house to work with so this is what I came up with.
Buffalo Sea Food Taco’s with shrimp, red snapper, walleye from fishing trips and some small scallops (all pulled from the freezer). It was topped with some Mexican blend cheese, salsa and some cabbage for the crunch and served it with some homemade guacamole and some of moms left over soup beans made into refried beans.
Peppers
IMG_5333.jpg

Beans
IMG_5352.jpg

Da’ guacamole
IMG_5350.jpg

Sizzlin’
IMG_5344.jpg

This Plate Was Mine (my entry)
IMG_5348.jpg

Crap, if that is you just warming up...you're going to be a seriously tough competitor once the great stuff rolls out!:clap:

Steak & Eggs

I haven't participated in any of these throwdowns up until now. I actually gave some thought to what I was going to do, but as things turned out, our plans changed. Nevertheless, this morning it seemed like it was a good time for a king's breakfast. My one day spring break should not go to waste. :)

Things were moving too quickly to get a posed shot. Regardless, breakfast was tasty. There was a nice chili sauce to accompany things.

4487415446_f8e294959b.jpg

OK folks, this was kind of a last minute idea. My wife asked me to make dinner for her parents because they have a house full of folks for Easter. OK, says I...... how about some Jambalaya? Great says she! :clap2: Whoa.....I read just last night that I can still get into the Cast Iron Throw down....:confused: :becky: Sooooo ....here it is in extremely mediocre photographic detail. :-D I know I'm no match for some of you with a camera but this isn't a photo contest is it. :thumb: I hope ya'll like it.

Zilla's Dutch Oven Jambalaya

Last edited:
Hey folks, haven't posted in a throwdown for a long while....just happened that my lovely wife asked me to take some pictures tonight, then lo and behold, it's cast iron this week.
It was tri-tip fajitas...
She was the inspiration for the side of Zuchini, onion, garlic, cilantro, baby bella mushrooms, and corn.

Enter pic number 4

Attachments

• 100_3340.jpg
    100_3340.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_3341.jpg
    100_3341.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_3342.jpg
    100_3342.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_3344.jpg
    100_3344.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_3345.jpg
    100_3345.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_3348.jpg
    100_3348.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 121
Two Bone in Chuckies with Italian Seasoning(Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Parsley, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Kosher Salt) I smoked the Chuckies for 1 hour @ 200 with Pecan Chips.
IMG_4171_Italian_Beef_Roast_040310.JPG

The Flavors
Yuengling Lager, Pepperoncini's, Garlic, Onion, Beef Bullion
IMG_4178_Italian_Beef_Roast_040310.JPG

In the DO for 3 hours @ 325.
IMG_4185_Italian_Beef_Roast_040310.JPG

The Beef is going to be pulled and the Sammies are gonna be topped with Mozzarella.

Really great entries. Zilla,Elvis would be proud.:thumb::thumb:

Here is my entry for the Throwdown.
Chili with briket and burnt ends-

DSCF3239.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

DSCF3234.jpg

DSCF3236.jpg

DSCF3248.jpg

DSCF3253.jpg

And here is the entry pic-
DSCF3256.jpg

Really great entries. Zilla,Elvis would be proud.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks Don, I don't have a cool cajun pot like he does but my method works pretty good. I'm not sure I'm ready to go head to head with either him or SG at a Jum cook. :shocked:

Chicken And Dumplings

Ok here's my entry...
First I seasoned and smoked some chicken breast and thighs.
Chicken.jpg

Then I started the broth and added some carrots and asparagus and smoked chicken (cut into chunks)
Broth.jpg

Note the sunlight, grass and the use of real cast iron.
Next I added the dumplings, today I used Asiago & Sweet Basil Focaccia dough
Dumplings.jpg

After 20 minutes — Viola!
Chicken and Dumplings
InThePot.jpg
InTheBowl.jpg

And here's the entry Pic.
InTheBowl2.jpg

Back