• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BWS Extended Party Unboxing

Very sweet. Wish Kevin had told me about the 180º doors <grin> Unsolicited endorsement - Kevin's da man when it comes to BWS. Bought 4 from him & great service every time!

my buddy jim won the one on the raffle here. We are still anxiously awaiting it's arival and will post pics. Can't wait to get it loaded up!!!!

scott,
i apologize for taking so long. It is taking me longer to get it done than i expected. Just jammed at the office. Gonna crate it up this weekend and get it out to you early next week!! I have a load of cookers coming in probably tuesday or wendesday and trying to make only one trip to the loading ramp!! Thanks!!!!!

Very sweet. Wish Kevin had told me about the 180º doors <grin> Unsolicited endorsement - Kevin's da man when it comes to BWS. Bought 4 from him & great service every time!

Thats one I tend to forget not to popular i will make it up on your next one:becky:

nice...wish i checked into more of these options when I got mine

Yeah, there are several options that are not exactly advertised. I suggest anyone looking at the BWS really crawls the BWS forums (Old Dave and RickC are great resources) as well as searching here. IMO, some options should just be standard.

How much bigger is the extended party compared to the standard party? Does the commercial fire grate hold more coal as well?

I have read 3" and 4" of an increase in depth; hopefully enough so the ribs will lay flat without trimming any bones off. My assumption has been 3".

I am not sure about the fire grate differences; I found that many guys were recommending them so I listened. I'll let the dealers answer that one. It looks like the standard fire grate sits in the ash pan. Mine sits a good bit above it on its own rack. The ash pan is below, about 3 inches (just an estimate - been pouring here so no time to dig in)

Last edited:
Today was the day to clean it up and season it. It wasn't overly dirty, but needed a bit of a cleaning. Oiled it all up using canola. Didn't have peanut, but I think the smoke point of canola is fine for this purpose. It's going to have to be ;)
Wife doesn't yet know that I used up her BJ's spray dealy in the process.

@Billm: Notice the fire grate. It sits on its own slider, with a catch on the bottom just like the food grates so it wont tip out. The ash pan slides in at the very bottom.

Pron...

Attachments

• IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4446.jpg
    IMG_4446.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4447.jpg
    IMG_4447.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4451.jpg
    IMG_4451.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4452.jpg
    IMG_4452.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4455.jpg
    IMG_4455.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4456.jpg
    IMG_4456.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 88
I cook jumbo wings they taste great ,but skin is chewy. Any suggestions [Q[/QUOTE]

Back