Store bought vinegar sauce?

^^^ mix this with a sweeter commercial sauce and it's really good for bbq chicken.

As far as vinegar based for pork homemade is always the best, but I also realize I live in SC and everyone has their own sauce recipe. I can't find where this is sold online, but this is a link to an ebay sell. This price is expensive for this sauce. It is sold locally for around $4 per bottle. However it is one of the best vinegar sauces IMO.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-18-Oz-Bottles-Prosser-s-Williamsburg-Style-BBQ-Sauce-/184485558562

I've heard of mixing Blues Hog Red and the Blues Hog Original together.
Anybody ever mix the blues hog red with the blues hog raspberry chipotle?

thanks

All of the above are great sauces. I suggest Heinz Carolina Vinegar Style. If you don’t like it you’ve only wasted about $1.50 but it is rather tasty.

Growing up in GA I always leaned heavily towards the Carolina style vinegar based BBQ. And I agree...the Heinz sauce mentioned above is surprisingly good.

Freshmarket has a sauce called Lillie's Gold "South Carolina Mustard"...which is a really good vinegar / mustard combination if you like that sort of thing. I plan to use it the next time I do ribs as a binder before putting the rub on.

lillies-q-southern-barbeque-sauce-lillies-q-gold-south-carolina-20-ounce-551656_768x768.jpg

I've heard of mixing Blues Hog Red and the Blues Hog Original together.
Anybody ever mix the blues hog red with the blues hog raspberry chipotle?

thanks

Competition cooks do it regularly especially for chicken and ribs.

I went to Walmart and smart&final but pickins were slim. I got a few of the Heinz sauces to try and a Jim Beam tangy sauce I’m really looking forward to trying. I also got a gallon of Bullseye and some apple cider vinegar. Gonna try to make my own mix.

I'll add my own suggestion for Scott's...

Also, Charlie Mills is excellent, and a bag of dry sauce mix (+ a gallon of apple cider vinegar) makes a whole GALLON of sauce at a time.

Many good choices in this thread. Here is one from out of left field Suka Pinakurat (fermented coconut vinegar, chiles and other spices) Any service member that was stationed in the PI or passed through Clark or Subic most likely had this at one time or another. Can be found in Asian markets, Amazon and if your up to it you can make a batch of your own.

While I haven't tried them yet because I can't find 'em locally Lillie's BBQ offers both a Carolina Sauce(Western NC) and ENC(Eastern NC) sauces that look really good. Their Smokey and Hot Smokey Memphis style sauces I have are quite good so I have high hopes for their NC sauces. Kroger says they carry the Carolina Sauce but it has been out of stock near me.

ETA - Another recommendation for homemade sauce is the Shack Sauce I've posted before. It's Western NC in origin. Don't confuse it with Boshizzle's Shack Attack Sauce.

no no no u guys need maulls its the oldest Q sauce use that as ur base n build off that n get back to me like foreal its rly important to me lol

Yup, this^ ^ ^ ^ ^. ENT is not sweet but it is tasty! Lillies Carolina Sauce is good too.

KIMG0541-Copy.jpg

roughly not very sweet ketchup. dillute w vinegar but ya its by far the best base to have

Sweet. I thought Maull's had gone out of business, but I guess I was wrong or they are back? Best for pork steaks STL style.

Back