Added wheels to the WSM, but...

Texas Turtle

Take a breath!
Reaction score
...when I got through the thing sits out of plumb and the wheels don't want to roll. Purchased the 3" swivel casters with brakes at Harbor Junk as recommended in a previous thread. Going out today to buy additional flat washers to use as shims in order to try to level up the bowl. I guess the level issue isn't that important, but the surveyor in me doesn't like stuff that doesn't sit straight. I measured and used a center finder to place the holes in the legs but the stems on the casters seem not to be parallel, so when I try to push the thing, it wobbles around instead of rolling straight. Anybody else have this problem?

Have you tried pulling instead of pushing? I know pulling is more stable and works best with Big Green Eggs.

I marked the spot to drill the legs at the point where it touched the floor. I used this kind of wheel. It looks weird like a robot, but there is no spinning and gave it a more stable base instead of a single wheel on each leg.

IMG_3909.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: hav
Mine have a slight "camber" to them as well but it doesn't seem to impact how it rolls. I drilled the holes where I could tell the legs were hitting the concrete.

null-6.jpg

Yup the two above posts are spot on. Did you drill the holes were the legs contacted the ground? If not then it will not roll properly and be out of level.

Back