Bacon Wrapped Brats.... almost on the campfire

Hi there.. know what you mean about grotty shared public hot plates. We have a product called Hotplate Magic.. 400mm x 500mm sheet of teflon plastic stuff, not good for naked flames of over 260 degree C but great for keeping healthy from rotten food bugs. Just lay the sheet on top of the hotplate and cook away.... non stick means no burn just lovely browning... wipe it down with a paper towel when finished and fold it away into its box. Great for eggs, fish, steaks, BACON, sossys, fried veges, chicken.. whatever you want. There must be a US version avaliable but if not I will enquire about getting one if'n you want.

Muzza.

how " in-jean-yus" of ya Jeannie! You camp and cook in style, girl! Love the huggie too! LOL

I think they could put you on an island with nothing but sand and you could come up with a great dish. You are my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Looks great Jeanie. Now that using your brain for what it was meant for. I'm doing the same today but with sweet sausage. No fire ban here been raining steady in the Northeast for just shy of one week. So I'll be doing mine on the kettle. Grilled red pepper,onion and garlic with a touch of Todds Dirt onto a roll with horseradish and dark brown mustard for me.

Looks awesome. I think those will be on my lunch menu next weekend when we are out camping. I do not remember where I saw it here, but I am going to slice them and put a hot pepper slice in the middle of the brat as well.

Wow, cowgirl you never ever disappoint! Those look so delicious. "Hmmmm, what could I add to the all-ready-awesomeness of a brat - um, BACON?!!!" Heaven, pure heaven. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the nice comments friends! It turned out ok, not campfire good but it was tasty. :-D

Hi there.. know what you mean about grotty shared public hot plates. We have a product called Hotplate Magic.. 400mm x 500mm sheet of teflon plastic stuff, not good for naked flames of over 260 degree C but great for keeping healthy from rotten food bugs. Just lay the sheet on top of the hotplate and cook away.... non stick means no burn just lovely browning... wipe it down with a paper towel when finished and fold it away into its box. Great for eggs, fish, steaks, BACON, sossys, fried veges, chicken.. whatever you want. There must be a US version avaliable but if not I will enquire about getting one if'n you want.

Muzza.
Muzza that sounds like some handy stuff! I will check for it here..Thanks! :-D

Looks awesome. I think those will be on my lunch menu next weekend when we are out camping. I do not remember where I saw it here, but I am going to slice them and put a hot pepper slice in the middle of the brat as well.

Thank you! I usually add a slice of jalapeno... but didn't take one with me on this trip. :doh: I think I was in a hurry to get out there. :-D
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69032

356-3.jpg

Thanks again friends! :cool:

Looks great Jeanie. Now that using your brain for what it was meant for. I'm doing the same today but with sweet sausage. No fire ban here been raining steady in the Northeast for just shy of one week. So I'll be doing mine on the kettle. Grilled red pepper,onion and garlic with a touch of Todds Dirt onto a roll with horseradish and dark brown mustard for me.

Skidder that sounds so good! If I didn't live so far away I'd be over begging for a taste. :-D

Back