Pork practice pics

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This is my latest pork butt practice. Taste and texture were both good. Still need lots of practice with the money muscle.

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

Sorry about the cell phone pics. Comments?

Looks very good....moist...looks like it could use a little deeper smoke ring and maybe not such a wet look, could affect your bark

man I got to get to work. I havent practiced for a while. See you in wildomar. Good luck.

Practice looks real good, can't wait to see the photos when practice is over..

I don't see what is wrong there, it looks nicely done. I have heard to avoid sauce on the meat, but, those look pretty good. Cuts look clean.

Looks good Big Mista!!! Also wanted to say thank you for supporting the backwoods party raffle!!!

I think your MM looks nice. It's always tough getting it not to tear apart when slicing. I would say the only thing I would change would be to slice a little thinner so all the judges can get a center slice but that's much easier said then done plus ya never know which piece there gonna take anyway.

Very Interesting. Looks tasty. That was definitely cooked on it's own. Too much full circle smoke ring and bark to be sectioned off. That's my point, very interesting! Sure beats an all-nighter. Man, that's why it's hard to win, you guys and gals keep coming up with new ways and crazy stuff. But the " Brethren Share" which is awesome.

Looks pretty good to my eye. I would try and get the bark a little darker and less "wet" looking. Slicing thinner would be good too.

And it does not look like it was separated fully from the rest of the butt to me (look at the pic of the individual slice...it was attached at the bottom). Completely removing the money muscle to cook would be illegal as we all know.

I highly dought this was cooked on its own, If you do enough trimming before cooking, you can achieve a nice ring around 75% or more without separating from the butt
Very Interesting. Looks tasty. That was definitely cooked on it's own. Too much full circle smoke ring and bark to be sectioned off. That's my point, very interesting! Sure beats an all-nighter. Man, that's why it's hard to win, you guys and gals keep coming up with new ways and crazy stuff. But the " Brethren Share" which is awesome.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Gonna do another one tonight to see if I can firm up the outside and get a deeper smoke ring.

Interesting that I pulled this thread up. I did the very same thing a couple of weeks ago at a comp. I wasn't sure how the slices came out (I should have tried to pick one up but didn't) The presentation was good I thought, maybe a little busy. I'll try it again but testing the slices (should have done that, but in the heat of battle).

Nice looking btw!!

Back