jkristie44,

It disturbs me that you would be so condescending to call people who pick up your materials from the curb "douchebags" or the equiv. You put the stuff out there with the hopes that people will grab it and then you go on and on about how low and trashy they are. Maybe you are at the top of the food chain and the rest of the world is below you. I, for one, am not impressed with your early post for what its worth. This site has many different folks from many different backgrounds. Some of us here, myself included, have grabbed a weber kettle or two from the side of the road. Maybe my behavior was "douchy" but I have cooked a lot of damn nice food on that rescued kettle.

jkristie44,

It disturbs me that you would be so condescending to call people who pick up your materials from the curb "douchebags" or the equiv. You put the stuff out there with the hopes that people will grab it and then you go on and on about how low and trashy they are. Maybe you are at the top of the food chain and the rest of the world is below you. I, for one, am not impressed with your early post for what its worth. This site has many different folks from many different backgrounds. Some of us here, myself included, have grabbed a weber kettle or two from the side of the road. Maybe my behavior was "douchy" but I have cooked a lot of damn nice food on that rescued kettle.

One, it wasn't a kettle I put out there. Two, if you think it is remotely safe to tie a grill to your spoiler of your car with bungie cords and endanger everyone in your path, then yes, you are a douche.

Sorry if you don't like my post. I was really trying to make you happy.

jkristie44,

In JKristies defense I don't think he was calling everyone who stops and grabs something along the side of the road a "douch". I think he was calling the act of this guy "douchy" which I have to agree on. It was very unsafe and idiotic. I am sure if anyone of the people on these boards saw this would also ask, "What the hell is this fool doing". Obviously he expected someone to take it. Just not tied to the back of their car like that. But my favorite part of the video was the end when the guy on the old pedal scooter goes flying by his buddy in the car. I can just hear him now...."woohoo :loco:, come on jethro....we gots us some new goodies........lets get back to the douch cave.......:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Big Biscuit,
Are those cast-iron grates on the performer? if so where do you get those?

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

They are on sale for 15% off for fathers day!

Home depot also sells the stok and academy sports sells the char broil cast iron grates. They aren't as good as the craycort, but they're a lot less $.

The craycort are great grates though. Beefy and heavy duty. They will easily outlast the kettle, and they come in 18, 22, and 26 inch (kamado sizes as well).

And the accessories are good. I would definitely think about the vegetable wok. It also worked well for salmon and fish (the griddle is also good for that, but I feel the smoke flavor comes through better on the wok.

Big Biscuit,
Are those cast-iron grates on the performer? if so where do you get those?

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/

Home depot also sells the stok and academy sports sells the char broil cast iron grates. They aren't as good as the craycort, but they're a lot less $.

The craycort are great grates though. Beefy and heavy duty. They will easily outlast the kettle, and they come in 18, 22, and 26 inch (kamado sizes as well).

What Trumpstylz says. I know the craycort is kind of expensive but I know just like my cast iron pan it's going to out live me.

Just picked up a 34+ yr. old beauty...

I'd like to apply for official membership to the society. I found this beauty on CL today. It was posted yesterday and today she's mine! Pre '79 Red Kettle in really good condition. The porcelain isn't faded at all! Just a few chips on the edge of the lid. Even the wood handle has some of the original stain finish - no cracks!
100_5270.jpg

100_5271.jpg

I have to say, that after 30+ years of grilling, and BBQ'ing the best grills I have ever owned are the weber kettles...YES I AM AN ADDICT!
I have a blue, a black and a smokey joe now....

My memorial day garage sale find. $3.00

120525a.jpg

Cleaned up real nice. I estimate it was used only half a dozen times.

120607a.jpg

C date stamped for 1981.

120607b.jpg

A little Craycort cast iron lovin'. Next up is the tamale pot mod to make it into a mini smoker.

120607c.jpg

We had a cheap Char-Broil gas rig before I bought my Weber. I tried smoking on it a few times, and it was nice, but I eventually had the itch to try charcoal. When I finally got my first job, one of the first purchases I made was the 22.5" kettle. The first smoke I did on it was a brisket for Super Bowl Sunday this year, and I was hooked. It was my gateway drug, and it holds a permanent place in my heart. I still use it every now and then.
Since it's still relatively new, I haven't tried any mods with it.

My search terms are

weber
webber
bbq
b-b-q
barbecue
kamado
big green egg
primo oval
charcoal grill
smoker

pretty much covers everything. :crazy: