View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #43
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiter Q View Post
Making money they would agree is nice, but it would not be "the reason" for their business. They say they are in the restaurant business because it is a passion that needs to be fulfilled.
Fufilling a passion doesn't make the rent..........money does. And try telling the banker that "making money would be nice" and see how far that gets you.

Listen, I'm not saying people aren't in the restaurant business because they love it, but what I am saying is that at the end of the day, if you aren't making money, you won't be in business for long. McDonalds may not be the best food in the world, but they are successful. And back to the original point, if you use a commercial sauce and you like it and your customers like it, use it. Spend your money and time wisely and put yourself in a position to make money.
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->