Thoughts on this reverse flow

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I found this local to me. I have a ceramic and kettle but always wanted a reverse flow.

What do you think of the price and the firebox design?

He said it's made from purged propane cylinders, pretty thick. Also designed it to be hitch mount with 2" square stock

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/for/4223630881.html

Thanks

Looks great, especially at that price. As long as it seals and isn't rusted out on the inside, looks like a smokin' deal from here.

Yeah, for $200 it is worth a look at least. Probably not a ton of room in there but again, for the price it is worth it.

Thanks. I thought it looked like a good deal.

The room should be good for my use. I usually only do one hunk meat at time.

I wish it wasn't so close to Christmas and I just bought a pizza oven not so long ago.

I hate to let this go though. I don't think I can get a reverse flow for this price again. I never see them around here.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't get it. It looks pretty small in the pics.

If the size is something you can be happy/live with jump on it that Brass ring only presents it's self once in a blue moon. If your like me when you let a deal go by ya your miserable fer 6 mths sober and forever when drunk or so I'm tole

your miserable fer 6 mths sober and forever when drunk or so I'm tole
:pound::amen::peace:

Been there,done that but never knew how to describe the emotions.

It's small but for that price I would take a look at it. Looks good from the pics for small cooks.

If as it says can fit a brisket, lets hope he means whole packer, than it's worth taking a look at. I'd be sure there aren't any leaks where the fire box attaches though.
For the price it sounds like a great deal

actually those little propane tanks arent all that thick. Look at those little plastic wheels. They dont hold much weight

I would want to know why he is selling it

might be a decent pit, but I would ask a lot of questions. Might be a leaker, you never know

I like it, looks nice in the pics. Let us know what you come up with.

actually those little propane tanks arent all that thick. Look at those little plastic wheels. They dont hold much weight

I would want to know why he is selling it

might be a decent pit, but I would ask a lot of questions. Might be a leaker, you never know

Agree 100% Look it over real good before you commit to it.

I thought they looked like steel wheels...but a good idea to specifically check that as even these steel wheels have a 55 lb load rating (each).

http://www.lowes.com/pd_15244-442-7...&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=metal+wheels&facetInfo=

037049912704lg.jpg

Thanks for the info everyone. He is going to send some more pics to me and measurements.
He said he is buying a house so he needs the money.

I will setup a day to meet him to look at it.

Is there a certain size I should look for, for where the fire box meets the cooking chamber.
I don't recall seeing side fire boxes with vent holes in the front. Will that matter?

Back