Back To Eating Healthy

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This gets pretty rough sometimes.

003-4_zps2501535b.jpg

Grilled Salisbury Steak atop a bed of yolk free egg noodles with made by me mushroom gravy. This one ain't grilled so just use you Imagination this time please. :loco:

If that's eating healthy, I'm in. I eat very little beef these days. That looks great, love the peppers. :thumb:

looks way good. my wife and i are trying this new cook book out that she has had a while. its called nurishing traditions. basically its about traditional foods made fresh. like real saour krat and stuff. oh yeah.

Looks good, but those noodles are a diet killer though, yolk free or not.

Yep, that's diet food.....

The noodles are not that bad for you - better would have been the whole wheat.

I'm impressed and those peppers look good.....

RMR

Bobby, that looks pretty good. Wish I had some of those peppers!

One of my favorite diet foods is a big salad. I put lots of stuff on it and get some variety. I've never used almonds though I'm sure they would work. I like pepitas or sunflower seeds.

One of the best things to put on a salad is smoked chicken. Something about the greens really brings out the smoky flavor. Pulled pork works well too if I give it a few seconds in the microwave to melt the fat. :wink:

If you decide to go the salad route (an acquired taste, to be sure) find a good produce market if you can. I have one about 8 miles from me where there is always someone restocking the case that holds the lettuce and other salad greens. It makes a huge difference in how long the stuff holds once you get it home. And I can't recall the last time I bought head lettuce. I use a mix of romaine and red leaf which both have more nutritional value than head lettuce.

Good luck with your diet!

Yup, keep it old school. Grass fed beef is in our weekly diet. Portion control and non packaged foods are what we eat as much as possible. The wife and I have lost weight and we don't get sick. The guy that sits in the cube next to mine is sick every other week. I can't remember the last time I was sick. I don't take vitamins, I eat them in fresh veggie and fruits. Good luck to a healthier life style.

Back