Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Benton KY kiwanis BBQ Cook-Off March 30-31

quarters69

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
EAT MOR BUTT BBQ Will start our comp year off there!! Anybody else??

Smoke Me Silly will be there. This will be our first year competing and that will be our second contest. From looking at the website for the event, it looks like the registration has closed. How many teams usually cook that event?

According to KCBS.us, there were 13 teams last year and 18 the year before.

dmp

There is more than 18 teams there. I believe that was the year we won and there was over 40...

Just checked the KCBS results from previous years. It looks like there was 40 teams last year and 37 in 2010. Looks like they are getting a great turnout again this year then. Looking forward to it.

Yeah sorry. Not sure how I messed that up. 18 was in 2008, and 13 in 2009. Sorry for the confusion.

dmp

Just received an email from one of the coordinators of the BBQ comp in Benton, and he said that he has 40 teams signed up.

This is our first trip to Benton. How is it setup for water and electric? Are they close or will I need 300' cord?

I guess I'm out this year. This was my first contest ever last year and I was looking forward to starting out this year down there. I haven't gotten an e-mail, but i'm sure it was too late. If anyone hears of someone dropping out, or maybe needing some help, let me know.

bluechip bbq will be there!! sweating it there full a while, luckly someone cancelled :clap2:

Back