SRF Kurobuta Short Ribs

If they are like the ones I have cooked, anyone who prefers loinbacks, but wants more meat, will love them. The flavor is like the leanest spareribs I have ever cooked. Definitely like the pork version of the best short ribs.

That looks like a perfect pull off the bone cook. The fat in those is absolutely beautiful. I'd order them in a heartbeat if I could justify the expense after seeing this. Not too shabby, Nephew.

Thanks for the write up on these, Dave. A couple of years ago I tried some Kurobata BB's and wasn't impressed. Your short ribs on the other hand, look fantastic!

Thanks guys and always try to make you proud Uncle G :heh:

They really are some great tasting ribs, I was glad to let you all know they are well worth the cost. As is everything I've had from SRF

What did you think of the flavor compared to the usual spareribs?

These had a more mild pork flavor, but a more "sweetness" to them. Compare a pot roast to a good brisket and that would be close.
I guess that's the only way I can describe it. By far the best pork I've ever had

These had a more mild pork flavor, but a more "sweetness" to them. Compare a pot roast to a good brisket and that would be close.
I guess that's the only way I can describe it. By far the best pork I've ever had
Very good comparison.
I found them less flavorful. Then, I'm kind of an old school, stuck in my childhood, " what "ribs should taste like", sort of person. If I could have only one rib, I would want the better cut.

Very good comparison.
I found them less flavorful. Then, I'm kind of an old school, stuck in my childhood, " what "ribs should taste like", sort of person. If I could have only one rib, I would want the better cut.

I will agree they don't taste like ribs we normally buy, but still an extremely good cut of pork in my opinion

It says something about this crazy addiction of ours that I can cook something on a 36 year old kettle and you on a new Shirley stick burner, and we can discuss and compare the quality of the results. Different fuels, meat sources, and techniques, yet we both produce something good to eat.

It goes to really show how it's the cook, not the cooker.

The Brethren is a place where anyone there is can learn to enjoy the great food we produce here with some time and patience.

Back