Thread: Bagna cauda
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #54
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaberwabee View Post
Yup, I know what you mean, I myself LOVE Anchovies and Sardines, but my wife hates them. If you sub the anchovies, just account for the salt, oysters would be great. I grew up Catholic as well, and this and Paella (seafood only) were the Friday specials during Lent.
Well, I'm gonna use the Outlaws as guinnea pigs. I'm gonna try some finely minced smoked oysters instead. We'll see what they think. They aren't really into trying new things and like to stick to the usual. I hesitate trying new stuff with them sometimes cause they won't eat it if they've never seen it before and I end up bring lots of stuff back. I'll post some pron later on.

Jaber, odd, but I love sardines, just for some reason 'chovies don't sit well with me. I got a mean sardine pate recipe from my grandfather. It's one of those, people who don't like sardines can't stop eating it kinda recipes.
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote