Cincy Area Competition Coming Together

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I just got word that a competition will be held, KCBS rules, in the Cincy area on September 8-9, 2007. They're working on sanctioning, and they're putting together a judges class some time prior to the comp. As I hear more, I'll have it here and elsewhere.

Its almost 10 hrs for me, but Im from Covington, have loads of family there and need an excuse to go home and drink beer!

Final Date Change

Ok, it's official, or so I'm told. September 22-23 are the dates. That's right, Saturday/Sunday, for those that have been hankering for that set up. Turn ins may be a bit earlier.

This is, as of now, officially sanctioned by KCBS!!!!

There's also work on getting a judging class together before then!

Wow Saturday and Sunday huh. Thanks for the heads up and if you find a link let me know. I guess it might be up on the KCBS site?

I don't know if it's up or not. The sanctioning just came through, but it's worth a look.

The Sat/Sun thing is a business decision; this is at a bbq restaurant, and Friday is their big day, so they don't want to take away from that.

Ok, it's official, or so I'm told. September 22-23 are the dates. That's right, Saturday/Sunday, for those that have been hankering for that set up. Turn ins may be a bit earlier.

This is, as of now, officially sanctioned by KCBS!!!!

There's also work on getting a judging class together before then!

I would be intrested in signing up for the judging class.

I don't know if it's up or not. The sanctioning just came through, but it's worth a look.

The Sat/Sun thing is a business decision; this is at a bbq restaurant, and Friday is their big day, so they don't want to take away from that.

Is this Jim Dandys???????

Yeah, it's Jim Dandy's. They did a non-sanctioned clas last year, and this year went for sanctioning. They still have a lot to do for it, but they have a few months still.

Curt,

We went by what you had mentioned earlier and scheduled an event for the same date 15th Sept. :| Maybe Jim can move his event back to the 22nd? I left a message for him.....

I should be able to stop by. It's literally 10 minutes from my house.

What usually goes on at one of these? Besides you guys cooking?

Pigman, are you not counting burbanks and montgomery in? And there's a new place in Union center called Smokey Bones, and City something at Voice of America.

new place in Union center called Smokey Bones, .

Don't be surprised if its closed.

Darden shuttered something like 700 of them earlier this year.

<edit>

Way off on my numbers

ORLANDO, Fla., May 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Darden Restaurants, Inc.
(NYSE: DRI) today announced the closure of 56 Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill
restaurants. Darden will offer the remaining 73 restaurants for sale - all
located primarily in the eastern half of the United States.

Last edited:
Burbanks is ok... Montgomery Inn isn't bbq at all. City BBQ is decent... I know Smokey Bones in Centerville closed, but the one in north Dayton is still open, so not all of them closed.

And are all the judges KCSB cerified? My brother lives about 10 mins from there. He had my BBQ this past weekend at a reunion in PA and was beside himself with the flavor. For 20 years they have raved about Montgomery Inn, well that changed this weekend. I'd love to get him on a judges table now that he knows what GOOD BBQ tastes like.

I should be able to stop by. It's literally 10 minutes from my house.

What usually goes on at one of these? Besides you guys cooking?

Pigman, are you not counting burbanks and montgomery in? And there's a new place in Union center called Smokey Bones, and City something at Voice of America.

Do not consider Burbanks,Montgomery Inn, Smokey Bones already out off buisness I think to be good Que sorry but thats my Opinion.

Also dont consider Gleirs goetta as Goetta...was raised on homemade goetta.

Back