• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Diesel Dave's Oatmeal Date Nut Bars - Not Que, But...

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well now. A little while back, I received a quart of liquid gold from Diesel Dave. (THANKS AGAIN NEPHEW!) Last night, I wanted a little dessert, so...I grabbed this:

davessyrup_zpsbdac6876.jpg

And went to work. I got a recipe off the top of the canister of Quaker Oats Old Fashioned:

1/2 cup butter plus 6 tbs (WTF, 2 tbs shy of two sticks? I used 2 sticks.)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups Oats
1 cup raisins (I ditched the raisins)

So, I modified this a bit with the extra two tbs butter and leaving out the raisins. Also, at the end of the mixing, I folded in:
8 to 10 LARGE dates seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chopped raw cashews
3.5 ounces of chocolate laced with toffee bits
AND 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup

When this mixture was spread into a 13 X 11 baking dish it was topped with about 1/2 cup whole cashews and ANOTHER 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and a sprinkling of oats. Baked for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. They came out pretty good. :grin:

It made 16 bars. In the pan...

oatmealdatenutbars_zps0f6750bc.jpg

And served...

odnb1_zps8d6f1307.jpg

Here's a closer look. Oh, my...

odnb_zps5c0e878f.jpg

There's only 9 of the 16 bars left this morning. Plus, with some coffee, breakfast is ready!

Thanks For Looking. :becky:

HEALTHY FOOD!!!

MY EYES!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OK... Panic attack is over.

Those look good...

:becky:

Those look great, but as I don't have any here for my coffee, you are a farkin' icehole for not having enough to share with everyone :cry:

Good idea. Milk would be good! And I don't even like milk. :thumb:

These are like oatmeal cookies on steroids. In fact, it's a cookie recipe, but it also gives the cook time for cooking them as a sheet, all brownie like, and such...

Yah, glad all I had for dinner was a tin of kippers and a cup of greens 'cause I ate 4 of those suckers over a two hour period. :oops: They are SO delicious! I'll have to remember to only have one tonight though, as they do get ya movin'! :roll:

Raisins would have been better, but I would settle for dates. Good job!

Back