BBQ Brethren "Big Farking Burrito" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
"Big Farking Burito"

picture.php

As chosen by Ummm, Me for my winning dish in the Caribbean throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

We've had tacos and South of the Border TDs, but I don't recall seeing a burrito TD. So, get (or make) some big-arse tortillas, and stuff 'em full of whatever you want.

CD

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/3 through Sunday 5/12.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 5/13.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Please note that THIS is the entry thread. QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
In spite of what one might read in the "comments" thread, this is not necessarily a contest for the biggest burrito, although you can go that route, if you want. As a voter, I will be looking for quality, first, but every voter is different.

So, make your burrito your way, and let the flying fickle finger of fate do its thing.

If you know where the flying fickle finger of fate comes from, you are farking old.

CD

In spite of what one might read in the "comments" thread, this is not necessarily a contest for the biggest burrito, although you can go that route, if you want. As a voter, I will be looking for quality, first, but every voter is different.

So, make your burrito your way, and let the flying fickle finger of fate do its thing.

If you know where the flying fickle finger of fate comes from, you are farking old.

CD

Thanks CD for going out of your way! :-D

Perhaps I can be of assistance here to folk in offering what NOT to do. Following is a pic of my entry in the "Big Farkin' Sammich" TD that I believe could as well qualify as an entry here. What's not to luv about a whole pound of bacon, right? And it required 4 extra grande sized tortillas to contain it. Turns out I got my arse spanked really hard. :loco:

Wow thats a Big Farkin' Burrito.
Is there a cardiologist in the house?:razz: A pound of bacon and a pork skin chaser.:clap: Got to love that.

Wow thats a Big Farkin' Burrito.
Is there a cardiologist in the house?:razz: A pound of bacon and a pork skin chaser.:clap: Got to love that.
Thank you most kindly, K-JUN :grin:

I guess it's a good thing I don't make a habit of these, though I easily could!

"One Pig Farking Burrito" Okay everyone the bar has been set, that looks awesome. I love a challenge. Now I must rethink my entry if I am going to compete with this. Great job beercuer.

I guess you guys want me to go first. This is my official "One Pig Farking Burrito" entry, made with pork carne al pastor, pulled chicken, pineapple, rice. Topped with salsa and tortilla chips on the side.

Please use this following pic as my specific entry.

That looks great! Always helpful if you post the cook details so we can see how your creation came to be. :thumb:

"That looks great! Always helpful if you post the cook details so we can see how your creation came to be. "

Got hold of some carne al pastor meat (pork)

Chopped up some onion and chipotle in adobo sauce and tossed into my trusty Griswold's CI skillet. Also started some mesquite smoking. Out to the pit.

Sorry I do not have pics of the pulled chicken. As you can see, the cookout was rather simple.

Well, we have a tasty looking first entry. Let's see some more.

I need to do mine before the weekend, when I'll be out of town.

CD

My Breakfast Burrito

I decided to go a different route on this throwdown after my goose egg on the soul food. Here is my breakfast burrito.
I dug into my freezer and pulled out some homemade pork sausage and homemade bacon from the hog I butchered in December. The sausage is maple flavored sausage that is fantastic.
I fired up the grill and cooked up the bacon and sausage as well as some mushrooms that I had sauteed. I chopped up half of the sausage and bacon and mixed it into some scrambled eggs. After making some toast and hashbrowns, I decided to finish this bad boy off with some homemade sausage and gravy. Enjoy!

Please accept my shot of the plate as my official entry photo.

Attachments

• photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 163
  • photo (22).jpg
    photo (22).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 160
  • grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 161
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 361
I do love me a breakfast burrito.

CD

Had a fine day yesterday getting settled back into my routine. after a morning sales meeting at my office I took off for the butchers. Picked up a few things to sacrifice to the Smoker Gods and this is one of my rewards. Please accept this as my official entry into "The Big Farkin Burrito" Throwdown.

Got a nice little California Cut Chuck Roast and seasoned it with some extra virgin olive oil and Montreal Seasoning.

Set my kamado up for indirect heat and let her settle in around 300 degrees and put that puppy to work.

Added some Poblano peppers, one red pepper, one green pepper and two cloves of Gilroy Garlic seasoned with EVOO and salt and pepper.

Needed a little tomato action too, so off to the garden I went!

Now everybody's in the pool

About 3.5 hrs in she was sitting at aprox 170 degrees IT so I pulled her off and put her in my cast iron pot with a bottle of Peroni Beer (Still in Italian Mode) chopped onions and let her go until my little meat mound probed like buttah!

Went inside to the Kitchen Aide and grated some Nicaraguan Queso Duro Blanco.

And commenced to pullin'

Combined the meat, onions, and some of the smoked poblano's

And began to build an empire

Next came the Queso and sour creme on top of the roasted veggies.

Whipped up some yellow rice and refried some pintos.

Then it was " Good Food, Good Meat, Good God, Lets eat!
Please use this as my Polling Photo and Thanks For Lookin'

Back