Balsamic Vinegar

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
While I was in Arizona last November, I wound up stopping in Cottonwood at a place called "Verde Valley Olive Oil Traders".......needless to say, they sell olive oil, but they also had a selection of balsamic vinegars also. I wound up grabbing one that is described as "18 Year Old Traditional". I was amazed at how good this is and could drink the stuff right from the bottle.

The place has a website and I was considering ordering more to restock, but thought I would check here and see if anyone has others they would recommend. Balsamic Vinegar is definitely something that I had never given much thought too and just usually grabbed a bottle of whatever at the grocery store, but my view on that has changed. I am officially a vinegar snob. :shock:

Anybody have a good one they would recommend?

http://www.vvoliveoil.com/

I have no brand loyalty, I do look for the moderately priced traditional Balsamics normally. Out here, most of the higher end grocery stores stock quite a few.

We have a specialty place here that is also really good...and yes...I do drink a shot of the stuff from time to time (it is farking awesome). They are called "The Tasteful Olive".

I use that stuff in and on damn near everything any more.

Check out Balsamic Glaze as well. It is balsamic vinegar reduce to a thick, syrup-like consistency. Great for drizzling over some things for a punch of flavor!:thumb:

It is balsamic vinegar reduce to a thick, syrup-like consistency. Great for drizzling over some things for a punch of flavor!:thumb:

Yeah, I had been making a kind of balsamic french dip kind of thing........don't remember if I got the idea here or somewhere else in the net land, but basically take a chunk o beef, smoke it for a while, wrap in foil with balsamic in it, and take it to a pull/shred temp, pour off the foil juices, defat and into a pan and reduce then pour that back on the beef and a bit in a ramiken for dipping. Damn good eating.

I have a Bottle( almost Gone:sad:) of Acetum 4 leaf Private reserve I got as a Gift two Christmases ago that is Marvelous I will buy more once it is gone.

I get mine from a place called Heavenly Oils in Lee Summit Missouri. They have a web site. Also they have a large selection of flavored oils and vinegars. Coconut vinegar on fish is very good and I like it on vanilla ice cream. Keith

Aged 10 years from Modena, Italy

Best bang for the buck IMHO.

Lucini Italia

100% Trebbiano Grapes bottled on a single estate in the Modena region of Italy.

Back