• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS meet Android! (pics)

Very cool! My soon to be 5yr old son, just asked me "What's his name?" He knew it was a robot. :-D

First Cook - Time to get this guy dirty!

Used some BGE Gasket to seal up the lid, Fed the maverick probes thru the arm and were good to go for the cook... couple of slabs of back backs get the call with PatioDaddio's Rub

6970968421_9af8f9724f_b.jpg

He sure looks hungry:

6971115327_06a7891a60_b.jpg

6971084207_f5f84c8cd0_b.jpg

After reading this thread, I'm pretty sure that you are cooler than I am.

Seriously though - very, very nicely done - beautiful work on the cooker and great posts! :clap2:

This is unbelievable and a great presentation of how you did it. Much appreciated here.:thumb:

If you weren't so far I would send you a drum just to have you finish it!

That's awesome Murdog!! Great job!!:-D:thumb:

Awesome android DS! Can't call it ugly at all.

It looks happy to be smoking those ribs.

Now that's a cool lookin' smoker! I can't wait to see how you run it off your Android phone, since I want to do the same (except I don't have the skillz to make that happen!).

Tell me one thing though... what's that white chit on the ground? :becky:

Very cool. It must be nice to have an imagination like that.

One question though, unless I missed something, how does the ABS toilet flange not melt from the heat on the bottom, especially since that's where the fire is???????????

I am looking to make 2 controllers. One for home brewing beer and a second to control my BGE. After looking at several boards I decided on this platform
http://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/256
What I like about it is it can be made into a web server very quick. From there, have it serve a web page that will allow control from any device, Android or iPhone or even your office computer if you make it part of your home network.
Please keep us up to date on your progress.
-Kenny

Back