What's the best way to clean a Weber kettle?

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Second hand, and has lots of grease and ash buildup. Will it be OK if I pressure wash it? Any hints?

Ty

RE: What

Dont have the problem since I use a drip pan, but Formula 409 Professional should do the trick

Yeah, if it's some one elses gunk, clean it. Ive never cleaned my Weber - the grodier, the better the meat tastes.

Pressure washing is ok. Also, any good cleaner will work, too.

I go to the 99cent store and buy oven cleaner. Spray it and wait. wash it with the garden hose, let it dry a little, fire her up, and start cooking good meat.

Re: RE: What

Brauma said:
Yeah, if it's some one elses gunk, clean it. Ive never cleaned my Weber - the grodier, the better the meat tastes.

Yep, if "grodier" hurt you, I would have been dead a long time ago! :D

RE: Re: RE: What

I'd say clean it one time to make it yours, then let her rip!!!

Easy. Send it to me, wash your hands and forget about it. :D

BigAl said:
Brauma said:

I clean mine every spring. Just a habit I've gotten into.
I also do it when I cook lamb, salmon or blue fish. But especially after lamb.

BrooklynQ said:
BigAl said:
Brauma said:

I clean mine every spring. Just a habit I've gotten into.
I also do it when I cook lamb, salmon or blue fish. But especially after lamb.

Is that to clean out the dirt after the burial of the lamb? 8)

pressure washer... Done in seconds.

then cook somethign to make sure its still works. :wink:

Since it'll be my first atempt to smoke in the kettle, I'm going to do a coupl of fatties. Maple & Hot for my Mississippi trip. I figure 3 of each will do.

I think I'll try to smoke indirect with just 1 basket. I have a few wood chips from splitting logs. Any pointers on how many briqets to start with, and what settings for vents? It's a One Touch 22 1/2".

Ty

Use a bucket attached to a 10 foot-2x4 & dump 3 gallons of liquid oxygen (not sold in stores) onto a grill containing 60 pounds of charcoal and a lit cigarette for ignition.

lg_grill.jpg

Oh yeah. I do that all the time.

Back