Can't decide... Brisket, Butt, Ribs, or Chicken...

D

DeoreDX

Doing some smoking for the little one's first birthday this weekend. For about 20 adults and a handfull of kids.

I really wanted to do Brisket. Then I started worrying about not everyone coming may want beef. So maybe a combo of Brisket and Chicken.

Then I thought, you know. It will be a pain in the butt to do both Brisket and Chicken, so maybe I will do pork. Boston Butt is easy. Cheap. Makes a ton and can feed 20 + kids pretty easy.

Then I thought again... I make some darned good ribs if I should say so myself. Maybe I should do ribs instead? But, my horizontal is small (~500 sqin) and I'm not sure I can get enough ribs on there, and I don't like doing ribs on my vertical propane smoker. Most I've done at one time on my horizontal is 6 whole racks of ribs.

Then I go back to maybe doing Ribs and Chicken. Then I'm doing two things again.

I really wish I could make up my mind on what I want to cook. I need to go pick up my meat tonight so I can prep it and possibly start cooking tomorrow for Saturday's lunch.

Whenever I can't decide I just do a little of everything...

This is why you get a vacuum sealer and cook extras everytime...

I'd just get a buncha chicken leg/thighs and some sausage, brats, andouille, polish, maybe a variety.. About the same size as the chicken and ought to please everybody. Should cook in the same amount of time.
Get some skewers for sausage on a stick.

Chuck

Butt and a Brisket and then you can spend some time with some MOINK balls and ABTs to make everyone happy.

But are the Kids gonna eat Butt and Brisket, or are you gonna make dogs and burgers for them..

Did you think of going all appetizers? Just a bunch of finger foods, ABT's, MOINKS, wings etc...just another option.

I have a 13 month old... her party pork sholder- bone-in- I know no picts did not happen- also did hot dogs hambugers on gasser

I ended up buying two big Briskets and a bunch of yard bird. Lots of Bacon and Sausage Links for some pig peckers. Briskets on the horizontal over night and lots of bird in the vertical propane with some apple wood and cherry. :D

deore dx - where are you in Alabama? Obviously a cyclist - where do you do most of your rides? And do you need help eating leftovers :biggrin:

Back