Images from Camp Parks Troop Feed

What an awesome day for an awesome cause. Up at the crack of dark thirty, at the shop to meet the crew, Marty, Tim, and Jeff, along with the boss, Deny, and our daughter Darcie. Load up all the goods, then off to Camp Parks to meet the rest of the crew. Set up, then kick the tires and light the fires, and get the meats on. Thanks goodness Mother Nature cooperates and gives us some warmth once the sun comes up. Prep all the sides, open a few adults beverages, a few more beverages, and some more adult beverages. Now we are feeling like Kings, so time to serve all these great worriers and their families some great Q. One can never know how incredibly wonderful it feels to do this until you are given a chance to participate. We were blessed with the opportunity to do this, and hope we can do it again. Thank you to Marty and Bob who spearheaded this, and to all the volunteers who came out and made it happen. What a Great December 7th!

ok. Im not to proud to say that theres a lump in my throat reading this.. Im so friggin proud of you guys that Im humbled to even be associated with what youve done. This is off the charts. Dont know what else to say except thank you for representing us here in showing our gratitude to our troops in such an outstanding way... and please.. the silent man behind the curtain, motoeric does so much to help pull these things off too. Hats off to landarc, marty, eric, and all the brethren that showed up to make this event something really successful and special. I know form cooking here at the VA hospital cook that these things are unbelievably rewarding, yet humbling in that these soldiers are thanking us for doing what we love to do, yet they are the ones that sacrificed so much for us. You guys made us proud, and I'd be proud to jsut stsand in the same room as you... Thanks from all of us.

To all of you and the folks you served that serve us
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

On this topic of supporting our troops, any of you Brethren that are close enough and want to volunteer or support with donations for Michigan vets. This is something a friend started a few years ago and now they have started 2 of these in Ohio and one for wounded vets in Ohio. The ones in Ohio I do not believe they have the sites set up but the had a strong turn out. you can check here. The Walleye for Warriors is every Fathers day. I can not believe the news channels only turned out the first year, but. It is quite an event held in Bay City Mi.
http://www.walleyesforwarriors.com/

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=242129&highlight=warriors

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=224972&highlight=warriors

Great Job Brethren.... Kudos to all of you !!!!

What a great but humbling experience you guys took the time to participate in.

And what a great reply from Marty where he pointed out that this was only one day compared to what they do everyday.

Thanks for sharing.....

Done in the true spirit of the Brethren.

Congratulations on your well spent time and efforts.

Once again the Brethren show me how this community is the most benevolent, giving, and thoughtful communities that I have come across on the internet.

Great looking food and great job feeding the troops!

Thank you for your unselfishness. That truly is heartwarming what you all did. We are doing our little bit by pitching in to feed our local Air Guard base today too. We love doing it and they love to eat.

Somewhere out there is a group shot of the participating brethren along with the BBQ Brethren Banner. Hopefully it will get posted shortly.

Back