Competition BBQ Pits?

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What kind of smoker do you all use? I have been using my Backwoods Competitor and the large BGE. Also if you could add another smoker, replace one or just to add to your wish list what smoker would it be?

use a stumps. its great. been looking at the green mountain grills to cook chicken on. like a traeger,but the sheet metal is thicker

For which sanctioning bodies?

Some require only small amounts of meat; others quite a bit... For example, for MBN most will have 2 VERY large smokers, 1 for the whole hog, and the other for the other 200+-lbs of meat needed for ribs and shoulders.

For KCBS we use the Lang 1160 (which is an early model 84) and cook everything on it. For MBN I'll use 2 of them.

been using Egg's but want to pick up a Bubba 250-R...might pull the trigger int he next few weeks....

I'll see a whole bunch of those (Bubba's 250-R's) tonight and tomorrow at Deep Roots Festival (MBN cookoff; Lonnie will be there).

I'm using my homemade insulated reverse flow stickburner & a 26.75" Weber OTG.

I use a bbqguru tallboy, and a large Egg at most contests. I would like to add a guru Onyx oven at some point.

Most we've done in a year is 6 (2009 &2010) We use a 22"WSM, and 18, and an 18.5 kettle

Brisket and chicken are done on the 22, ribs and butts on the 18, and breakfast, dinner, etc on the kettle

I'm using my homemade insulated reverse flow stickburner & a 26.75" Weber OTG.

Happen to have any pics of the insulated reverse flow. We just sold our 250 gal. reverse flow and was thinking of building another one insulated also.

I've seen probably 15+- of these roll bye this morning:

mycooker.jpg

And another 5 or 6 that look like this:

231105_2085778111033_1442561841_32468099_6591757_n.jpg

(without Pete; I'm certain he's at The Jack this weekend)

Back