Ooni Karu has Landed

Wow, just fired her up. Lump base with cherry and pecan. Burns like a champ. No practice needed.

I have the Pro, and just got the gas attachment. I much prefer the taste with wood. The gas is convenient for some quick cooks.

Would like to hear more your thoughts as an experienced user of wood in the ooni. I too may stick with wood as mentioned below it is very easy to manage.

Wow, just fired her up. Lump base with cherry and pecan. Burns like a champ. No practice needed.

Would like to hear more your thoughts as an experienced user of wood in the ooni. I too may stick with wood as mentioned below it is very easy to manage.

I’m not that experienced, only had this for month and a half. Used About 6-8 times with wood.

I found out that it takes a little longer to heat up with wood, and it takes me about an extra 60-90 seconds to cook with wood too. But I have not mastered exactly when to add extra sticks for optimum heat.
For me, I would rather cook the pizza 2.5 - 3 minutes with wood over 90 -120 seconds with gas.

I’m not that experienced, only had this for month and a half. Used About 6-8 times with wood.

I found out that it takes a little longer to heat up with wood, and it takes me about an extra 60-90 seconds to cook with wood too. But I have not mastered exactly when to add extra sticks for optimum heat.
For me, I would rather cook the pizza 2.5 - 3 minutes with wood over 90 -120 seconds with gas.

2-3 minutes is probably my minimum cook time anyway as I just use regular bread flour. I guess that explains the wood fired flavor you can get and why you prefer it to gas.

Back