Fatties. Suff or not to stuff

Armadillo

Knows what a fatty is.
I'm new to fatties I have done 5 or 6 on the USD some ok some not so much
I did a Ruben one and one for breakfast both great I tried a pizza one not so much please help me improve my fattie skills

Here is the breakfast one
0637FE14-C055-430F-99C1-3316BF92EBC2-2460-0000036B5B4ADF24_zpsaddf0bb5.jpg
[/IMG]

No bacon, no stuffing, you can use a rub outside of the sausage. That is it.

I believe that this, like all cooking, is about getting the basics down. No adorning with cheese, bacon, ham etc...it is about getting a nice clean smoke, with a good, but, not great ingredient, and making incredibly delicious food. Seriously, a naked fattie will tell you more about your smoke and heat, than any rack of ribs of butt of pork. The ground meat soaks the smoke in, bad smoke tastes bad, good smoke tastes amazing.

I just did a stuffed fatty with provalone, spinach and mushrooms this weekend. Never tried a naked one. Looks like i'm going to have to try it this weekend. Oh darn:mrgreen: Fattys 2 weeks in a row

naked fatties are no fun! hell, i dont like breakfast sausage much and i just make em for the fun of the bacon weave and stuffing em...mostly for the cool point from the family.

Nekkid fatties are my favorite out of all of them. My next favorite but not anywhere close to the nekkid fatty is the Scotch Egg fatty.

6 hard boiled eggs, with the tip and bottom cut off. Flatten out the sausage and put the eggs and roll it up. Roll in panko breadcrumbs and smoke until the a nice golden brown. Serve with brown deli mustard.

Nekkid is GREAT but mushrooms and swiss is a close second. No bacon wrap. I guess that makes me a slut. You got to be something.

Back