• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Attention Caterers

B

barbefunkoramaque

With all this recent talk of Rattlesnake tails, Armadillo eggs, fatty's, chicken lolipops, pigcicles, and moink balls I have a question,

I bet the logistics of this would be a terror, but has anyone ever had any experience with maybe an all hor devours fundraiser or event.

With all this recent talk of Rattlesnake tails, Armadillo eggs, fatty's, chicken lolipops, pigcicles, and moink balls I have a question,

I bet the logistics of this would be a terror, but has anyone ever had any experience with maybe an all hor devours fundraiser or event.

Yes :biggrin:

WHat's up?

Hey Funk!!! The pigcicles for me are made ahead and are really easy to cook! I have been ponderin flavor like just rubbed, Blues hog or whatever sauce, teriyaki, yellar mustard, Yosidas or Yo Yo sauce. I am sure there are more.....

We used to sell meat on a stick at various events, the beef sirloin soaked in Yoshidas (I cannot begin to tell you how much that offended my sensibilities) sold out always. We would go through 2 coolers of that alone. Outsold chicken, rice balls (duh!) and pork every time. The stick mattered too, folks wanted it on a stick, odd really.

Well making one set of hor devours is one thing but making like 5 - 7 seems time consuming. But you don't have the long smoke (there will be no grill), and I guess I could make some ahead of time and freeze them. Hmmm.

What should I charge, or should it be a package, like 3 choices for so much, 5 choices for so much. The pressure will be serving it. It would be more like a church setting from a kitchen served after each of our three services. 200 people typically get this stuff. I would expect maybe less since its a wierd theme.

I am thinking make the package price then work backwards as to what to prepare for.

Well making one set of hor devours is one thing but making like 5 - 7 seems time consuming. But you don't have the long smoke (there will be no grill), and I guess I could make some ahead of time and freeze them. Hmmm.

What should I charge, or should it be a package, like 3 choices for so much, 5 choices for so much. The pressure will be serving it. It would be more like a church setting from a kitchen served after each of our three services. 200 people typically get this stuff. I would expect maybe less since its a wierd theme.

I am thinking make the package price then work backwards as to what to prepare for.

I made some for a GM event, but that was before they failed...

Back