• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lone Star Grillz 24x40

JokerBroker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After almost 5 months, my offset was delivered this week. :clap2: In addition to the standard features I ordered the following options:

12" folding stainless steel shelf
2 Temperature gauges
Temperature probe hole
1 1/4" brass ball valve drain
Gas assist/log lighter
8" wheels with 2 swivel casters
Ash pan
Lone Star Grillz in stainless steel on bottom of cart in place of vinyl letters
Spring handle on smoke stack

I seasoned it yesterday and cooked a brisket on it today. It held temps easily and had no problems handling a swirling wind.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3dc8.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_3dc8.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 730
When I try to load 5 or 6 pics at a time it says I'm missing a security token. Additionally, the last couple I've tried to post are rotating sideways. It's been a long day since I started the cook early this morning so I will revisit this tomorrow. Thanks

Last edited:
That is a great looking machine- very nice size.

/jealous

congrats!

Beautiful! Makes me miss my old Texas Smokemaster. I bet she cooks like a dream.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bet she cooks like a dream.

It is surprisingly easy to cook on. The wind was a bit gusty and swirling and the draft was just steady all day. I'd add a split about every 50 minutes or so and the temps would only fluctuate a few degrees. There is also plenty of room to leave a split on the side of the fire to preheat it. That really helped too. I cooked a 15 pound prime brisket trimmed down to 11 pounds in just 7 hours at 275° with internal temps probing between 200°-210° with a great texture. No wrapping and no water used. I wanted to keep my first one simple. Kosher salt and pepper rub. (sorry for sideways pic)

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 596
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very Well Done... Congrats - you're going to enjoy that for many years.

The stainless logo is a nice touch. I've been tempted to remove the vinyl logo for a while but never got around to it. The spring handle on the stack is a nice touch too.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very Well Done... Congrats - you're going to enjoy that for many years.

The stainless logo is a nice touch. I've been tempted to remove the vinyl logo for a while but never got around to it. The spring handle on the stack is a nice touch too.

I also copied your idea and asked Chris to weld a washer to hold the cool touch handle on the firebox from sliding back and forth. It turned out nicely. Thank you!

Great looking new smoker and brisket. I think we chatted some on Facebook this weekend before and during the cook...

Back