>> As soon as the bank releases the funds his jobs will get finished.

Figures. A power move.

The frozen funds is the customer's only leverage. The only protection he has dealing with you.

With that said, the bank isnt going to freeze the money forever no matter what the customer and 'builder' wants. Why, exactly, is the bank freezing money? Is the bank going to refund to the customer?

The bank will most likely return the funds to me because it was not in fact a fraudulent wire transfer at which time his jobs will be finished. They are not holding funds for him to insure he gets the products it was a false dispute so they are doing an investigation.
So no it's not a power move on my part I have materials and labor tied up that I would have to sit on for a while to find a customer looking for this particular setup. Not a typical little smoker

That's not the way it should be. You should have delievered within the time frame. A reasonable delay people can understand. It would never have gotten to the wire transfer issue if you delievered on your promises or refunded the money. The man asked for simple drawings, and you could not even provide those. Stop with the excuses and trying to distract from the real issue and take some accountability.

That's not the way it should be. You should have delievered within the time frame. A reasonable delay people can understand. It would never have gotten to the wire transfer issue if you delievered on your promises or refunded the money. The man asked for simple drawings, and you could not even provide those. Stop with the excuses and trying to distract from the real issue and take some accountability.

Not sure how much more accountability I can take???
Should I give him the smoker for free?
I have taken accountability for behind behind even though we were in the hospital and planning funeral etc. Never denied that at all.
But you are also not getting the entire story so there is a lot left to speculate. When lawyers and law enforcement tend to agree with me it must not be as bad as you all are taking it!

This is an honest question. When the funds become free and you have access to them. What is a realistic time frame for you to be able to complete and deliver this particular order for your customer?

Not trying to poke at you so don't take it that way, just trying to keep the thread productive.

This is an honest question. When the funds become free and you have access to them. What is a realistic time frame for you to be able to complete and deliver this particular order for your customer?

Not trying to poke at you so don't take it that way, just trying to keep the thread productive.

The smoker is about 60% done so easily within a few days. The trailer will take a few weeks.

Customer paid you the deposit money so how did you NOT tap into his money already when you, yourself stated you bought materials and started on his build? It's been over 100 days (way past your due date to client) and you're claiming they froze "his" funds specifically and you can't give him a "free" smoker which contradicts your statement that you've been working on "his" build already because you got 10k deposit from him. They froze the next guy's money which halted your operations. You should resume work on TopItOff's equipment and get the rest of your cash. You're not doing nothing for free because the guy has already paid you 10K. Come on!

I get the bad hurdles in life and truly feel sorry but you've missed the mark here big time man. If I had sent that much deposit for a build you'd have a legal nightmare in your hands. You're messing with his and countless other people's livelihood by your actions.

Customer paid you the deposit money so how did you NOT tap into his money already when you, yourself stated you bought materials and started on his build? It's been over 100 days (way past your due date to client) and you're claiming they froze "his" funds specifically and you can't give him a "free" smoker which contradicts your statement that you've been working on "his" build already because you got 10k deposit from him. They froze the next guy's money which halted your operations. You should resume work on TopItOff's equipment and get the rest of your cash. You're not doing nothing for free because the guy has already paid you 10K. Come on!

I get the bad hurdles in life and truly feel sorry but you've missed the mark here big time man. If I had sent that much deposit for a build you'd have a legal nightmare in your hands. You're messing with his and countless other people's livelihood by your actions.

It doesn't matter If it was the money that he transferred or 3 customers behind him. He disputed it falsely so that exact amount is frozen so his deposit was taken out of my account. So it would be giving it to him. I'll gladly resume work as soon as it's returned. If it's not he gets it back so no matter what he is made whole.
If you say you would do it different I don't believe that. I've had several law enforcement officers and lawyers say the exact thing I'm saying. So I'm well within all legal, civil, and moral rights with waiting.

I understand and accept that no matter what I say that I automatically am wrong, and assumed to be a scam, thief, etc.
But if I was doing that wouldn't the investigators have arrested me when they come to visit?
They came had his version, looked at his texts, invoice, etc. Looked at the smoker matching his invoice I showed them email from bank,etc. They said I should not proceed until I was returned the money and told me to keep doing what I was doing. Getting smokers out to get caught up.
So as I said over and over the customer will be made whole either by his products being finished or the bank returning the funds that were removed from my account.

It doesn't matter If it was the money that he transferred or 3 customers behind him. He disputed it falsely so that exact amount is frozen so his deposit was taken out of my account. So it would be giving it to him. I'll gladly resume work as soon as it's returned. If it's not he gets it back so no matter what he is made whole.
If you say you would do it different I don't believe that. I've had several law enforcement officers and lawyers say the exact thing I'm saying. So I'm well within all legal, civil, and moral rights with waiting.

Oh believe me when I say I'd unleash legal fury. At that point I'd put a big fat X on the build with you and it'd be a matter of principle. You pay lawyers enough money they can make things happen. You can bet on that!

It's obvious you're pushing the legal limits because you know you can get away with it and people don't want to spend anymore money for hiring lawyers to get on your behind. You just haven't met your match.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and obviously I was very wrong. I'm out.

Oh believe me when I say I'd unleash legal fury. At that point I'd put a big fat X on the build with you and it'd be a matter of principle. You pay lawyers enough money they can make things happen. You can bet on that!

It's obvious you're pushing the legal limits because you know you can get away with it and people don't want to spend anymore money for hiring lawyers to get on your behind. You just haven't met your match.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and obviously I was very wrong. I'm out.

Your missing the point. But ok.
If you try and recall a wire under false pretenses and the money is being held there is no longer a deposit on your build. So no order until it's resolved. Either way he gets his products or money back and I'm definitely not pushing my legal rights. This is to protect me and my monet as well as the customer.
If I had been the one posting that said customer had recieved their products but no payment had been made would I get this much backing????? Il

Not sure how much more accountability I can take???
Should I give him the smoker for free?
I have taken accountability for behind behind even though we were in the hospital and planning funeral etc. Never denied that at all.
But you are also not getting the entire story so there is a lot left to speculate. When lawyers and law enforcement tend to agree with me it must not be as bad as you all are taking it!

Can you admit that you didn’t provide the blueprint you promised. It would be horrible if the product that he paid for isn’t what he thought he ordered.

No point in asking Donnie any further questions. You're just going to go in circles. The guy who lost his $10K deposit needs to get an attorney. Donnie has no excuses. You cant take people's money and not deliver anything either way, blame funerals, banks, your employees, your victims, etc for everything. I'm not a sue happy person and never sued anyone in my life or even thought about. But if I was out $10K, I'd be down at the courthouse ASAP. I would not give him 30 days or even 3 days. Debating with these types of people on the internet will get you nowhere.

I contacted Bank Of America and they listened to the entire story about how it was impossible to get ahold of Mr Boston, that Mr Boston had missed deadlines time after time, the fact that Mr Boston made false statements about his company and his companies ability to deliver a product.

Mr Boston makes a food product, I guess, but I haven’t gotten what I put a deposit on. I feel bad that Mr Boston has had family issues but paying my rent and feeding my kids comes first. Just finish my builds that you say you already spent my money on and let’s part company. I don’t want to advertise your business or put my you on blast but you yourself are digging your own hole Mr Boston.

You have cost a bunch of people money and you don’t care because you seemly only care about how stuff impacts you. How about how it has impacted the people who have been taken advantage of?

So I'm the only one here that sees if the deposit was removed from my account that I no longer have a deposit?
Realistically if I finish the jobs and deliver them and the bank DOES NOT RETURN THE MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT then how is that right? Come on I mean yes I'm behind. Guilty but not one person here knows me I've been called names, had posts saying I'm a thief, hillbilly,scam, etc. But not one person here would build anything for 10k and give it to him, me or anyone without the money in your hand.
I'm not trying to hurt anyone's business, family, etc. But imagine the impact that is has on me as well. I've got almost that much tied up in materials and labor. Yes his money was used but the money they took was another customers. Should I call them and tell them hey Mr Jones disputed a wire transfer said it was fraudulent I already used his money so they took yours now I can't do your job????
That's absurd!!!
When Mr Jones deposit is back in my account I WILL FINISH THE JOBS... NOT UNTIL!!!!

Can you admit that you didn’t provide the blueprint you promised. It would be horrible if the product that he paid for isn’t what he thought he ordered.

No I didn't send a blueprint. All that was is for the layout of equipment. It would have been sent before the inside work started

I contacted Bank Of America and they listened to the entire story about how it was impossible to get ahold of Mr Boston, that Mr Boston had missed deadlines time after time, the fact that Mr Boston made false statements about his company and his companies ability to deliver a product.

Mr Boston makes a food product, I guess, but I haven’t gotten what I put a deposit on. I feel bad that Mr Boston has had family issues but paying my rent and feeding my kids comes first. Just finish my builds that you say you already spent my money on and let’s part company. I don’t want to advertise your business or put my you on blast but you yourself are digging your own hole Mr Boston.

You have cost a bunch of people money and you don’t care because you seemly only care about how stuff impacts you. How about how it has impacted the people who have been taken advantage of?

Mr Jones in the same sense my family comes first that's why your build was delayed as I told you.
And also as of right now the call you made stating it was a fraudulent wire transfer took money, food, etc from my kids mouth. I know you don't have it, but neither do I. And I cannot finish the jobs until it is returned I truly am sorry

Am I the only one reading this that thinks most recent situation just seems a little "off" on both sides?

Nothing is off on my side. I joined because a partner sent me this thread after we were looking into Mr Boston more closely. Mr Boston believes his local sheriff is a legal professional and thinks because a law enforcement officer has told him that he hasn’t done anything criminal yet he is absolved of any legal recourse. Mr. Boston has already used my money to purchase supplies for my builds, so how is my deposit frozen. How is telling my bank all the crap I have gone through with Mr Boston fraudulent? How is it that Mr Boston feels no guild or bears any responsibility for misleading me and countless others about his company and his companies ability to deliver a product in a timely manner? Why I am being questioned because I tried to protect my money and my other business endeavors?

Am I the only one reading this that thinks most recent situation just seems a little "off" on both sides?

My side is not off. He paid a deposit, it was removed from my account I stopped work. Once it's returned I go back to working on it. It gets delivered after balance is paid. Plain and simple

Back