Good day at Costco

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Stopped at the Costco in Bend OR, on the way back from my last river trip. I was very happy at what I found.

prime brisk.jpg
I bought some ice, picked up a couple of these babies and brought them back.

primebrisk2.jpg
This was our kitchen for the last two weeks. Sorry, the pic was taken before the post breakfast clean up.

I've had similar luck at local Costcos. Cooked one this week and will post pix early next week. Nice to find prime beef at a reasonable price. Now, if i could only find similar quality pork butt and ribs . . .

Found those at the local Costco last week. Don't think I've ever seen them there before. Third brisket in about 5 weeks, but it sure made for a nice family get together.

Nice find! Like you I stumbled upon the prime packers at a local Costco for $2.69/lb. I'm thinking they're temporarily stocking for the Rosh Hashanah holiday. I need more freezer space.

Stopped at the Costco in Bend OR, on the way back from my last river trip. I was very happy at what I found.

View attachment 133793
I bought some ice, picked up a couple of these babies and brought them back.

View attachment 133794
This was our kitchen for the last two weeks. Sorry, the pic was taken before the post breakfast clean up.

Bend, OR. My home away from home. Such a spectacular place. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I can't et enough whether summer or winter.

$2.69 for Prime at the Costco here in Petaluma, Ca! Just started carrying it this week!! That's a pretty big deal because NO ONE around here carries ANY packer briskets. I was either driving a couple hours to the AF base ($2.39 for Choice) or ordering them from a butcher shop and paying $8 a pound. Got one on the KAT right now & 2 others in the deep freeze. Actually went and bought a deep freeze this week just to stock up!

Attachments

• IMG_7093.jpg
    IMG_7093.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7101.jpg
    IMG_7101.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 43
$2.99 a pound at both of my local Costco's last Friday. They normally have them all year now. Varies by about 50 cents a pound.

Also been getting prime tri tip there and the difference between their choice tri tip and prime tri tip is only about 40 cents a pound. That prime tri tip is wonderful and have two in the freezer now.

Need another fridge to add storage and for space for day before prep work. Only way to go.

With a little luck (I'm still a newbie) here is a photo of how that Costco brisket cooked up the other day.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 22
Back