Show your BBQ Area

f8e6c63f.jpg

Finished except for a few minor odds and ends.

579ff18d.jpg

Hopefully I can start a new post on the build.

Nice! You = Man

My BBQ area is more "Rustic" then some. But I like it.

DSC04350.jpg

I rely on the wood, not the gear.

Though I do dream and you guys are living it.

Man, that is fantastic. Sure, it isn't fancy or high dollar but there is something about keeping it old school. An open fire pit that really is an open fire pit! That is so cool. I wish I could get away with a setup like that.

In Oklahoma I could probably cook like this one week out of the year, the rest of the time we're under a burn ban! OK, OK, I exaggerate a bit, but we've had such a bad drought that open fires are highly discouraged. I even crafted an ember/spark arrester for my charcoal starter chimney using 1/8" mesh hardware clothed in a closed top cylindrical cage.

In Oklahoma I could probably cook like this one week out of the year, the rest of the time we're under a burn ban! OK, OK, I exaggerate a bit, but we've had such a bad drought that open fires are highly discouraged. I even crafted an ember/spark arrester for my charcoal starter chimney using 1/8" mesh hardware clothed in a closed top cylindrical cage.

It might be important to note that open fires are not permitted in my neighborhood. Guess that makes me an outlaw. But, the Chief of the Fire Department lives directly across the street and has been to several BBQ's here. He has never made a comment about the open pit so I figure I am relatively safe from prosecution.

Well, it's a modest build, nothing fancy like some of the beautiful places I have seen in this thread. I plan to add power, maybe a disco ball (kidding), rope lighting, lattice for climbing vines, a small deck floor and who knows what else. This is as far as I got this weekend.

gettingthere.jpg

Looking nice GreenDrake. I have a new found respect for people who built their own place.

I'm thinking we should all meet up at AMROCKS for a surprise party.......

That place rocks.............. If I ever hit the Lotto.......

Well, here's phase two and three....done for the weekend. Going to put pony walls on partial front, sides and full back with lattice or T&G to dress it up and hide the grill legs and storage bins....but here's the basic shell, done and ready for roofing and a grill to cook on it tonight.

pavillion2.jpg

pavillion3.jpg

Looking Great GreenDrake!

Excited to see it when your done.

Blessings,

brotherbd

I'm still working on some last details, but I'm just about finished with my new area. I built a brick patio, a firepit, and a small shed for my grills and a UDS I'm working on.
I do youtube bideos for my garden and there are vids of this patio build there if you would like to see. My channel is BuddyClubGardening. I share that channel with my daughter. It's become quite a fun venture so far.

patio4067.jpg

Back