• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

NZ Spring Lamb - Short Cut Leg

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Picked up this beauty and decided to cook it up today.

IMG_1670.JPG

First I made up a batch of Herbes de Provence

2 Tbl dried thyme
2 Tbl dried basil
2 Tbl fennel seed
1 Tbl oregano
1.5 Tbl Lavender flowers
1 tsp chopped fresh sage
1 tsp fresh rosemary

I used the mortar pestle my son gave me for Christmas to crush the herbs, and the lavender came from the french lavender plant in the backyard.

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

I then took the lamb and removed all the silverskin and fat.

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

I then sliced up kalamata olives, garlic, and rosemary and inserted these into slits I cut in the lamb.

IMG_1673.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

Took coarse salt, herbes de provence, crushed peppercorns, and finely chopped rosemary and mixed up to use as the rub.

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

Put on the offset for 3.5 hours at ~235, until it hit 135 IT.

IMG_1687.JPG

Let is rest while the rest of dinner was prepared.

IMG_1689.JPG

It was tasty!

Beautiful leg of lamb, Sir. What an interesting idea with the lavendar and the cut olives -- I like them both. I have two legs of lamb just like yours sitting in the fridge waiting for Gore to call the next TD. I'd be thrilled to get good pron like you posted.

That is a great looking cook, really great job! :thumb:

Bob

That looks great! I made a leg of lamb using a similar recipe for the inaugural cook on my 26" Weber. It was the best lamb I ever had.

Fanfarkingtstic job on the cook, the description, and the pix - very nicely done! Just beautiful!

Good to see ya. :thumb:

Looks great John! I almost bought a leg of lamb the other day just cuz I want to cook one.....

I've been thinking about trying a leg of lamb, never have before. Now I'm inspired! Looks fantastic, thanks for posting :thumb:

Back