ABT's- what's your filling?

Surprised I haven't seen this on anyone else, but I mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese and pico de gallo before wrapping in bacon. Sometimes add pulled pork.

WOW I never thought of bleu cheese, but that is GENIUS!! I love bleu cheese! I'm definitely doing this.

I've tried them 100 different ways and honestly the way I like them best is with straight cream cheese.

Had blue cheese a couple weeks ago. I was awesome!

Chive onion cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, rub and chopped herbs is one of my favorites.

Pan fry some fine diced onion, minced garlic, &diced Andouille sausage, let cool a little and add the cream cheese. Blue cheese would be good too!

Being that I'm not a big cream cheese fan in ABT's, my usual choice is colby jack. They come out pretty tasty:

MattsABTs.jpg

I've tried all kinds of fillings, but my fav is pineapple cream cheese. The sweetness of the pineapple really complements the heat of the jalapeno. I do the boat style and just cover the top with bacon. I find too much bacon just overwhelms the pepper and cheese. For variation, add just a little green olive, ham, or cocktail shrimp.

Chuck

If I'm feeling lazy, I just stuff with sharp cheddar. If I feel like doing a little work, I thaw out some leftover pulled pork, add a little rub, and mix that with cream cheese - then stuff the peppers with that mixture.

Dang I need to venture out some. I just do the chive creme cheese with yardbird mixed in and then 3 eyez on the outside.

Chopped smoked string cheese and chopped dried cherries are my go to.

Actually, same cheese and any dried fruit - cherries, cranberries, figs, apricots, etc... - all work really well. The sweetness of the fruit plays well with the heat of the jalapeno and smokiness of the bacon.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

mostly do standard cream cheese and a smokie. Lately have been doing pulled pork. My brother made killer ones the other day with bacon bits, mango salsa, and cheese.

Back