Has anyone used this product?

lowbass

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was in my local Menards Hardware store and I saw this in the Grill section today.
http://www.westernbbqproducts.com/mini-logs.html

Menards only had the bags of the Hickory mini logs. But looking at the web site I see that Western sells other flavors of smoking wood.

I've got the large Char-griller off-set with a side smoker and I've never cooked all wood. Has anyone tried any of their products?

I also see they make a lump charcoal, any comments on that?.

I use those all the time they are only $14 a bag here at Menards..I start with a full chimeny of lump and then throw a mini log on top and only add logs after that no more lump.

I always bring back a couple of bags from the Academy in Little Rock when we visit my wife's aunt. Pecan is hard to find in Michigan. I'll have to check Menard's up here to see if they have it. Thanks for the heads up!

Pretty sure that is what I have gotten from Bass Pro here in town. Pretty good deal on wood. Just cut it up into smaller chunks and off you go. It will still be cheaper to use charcoal as your main source of heat and then just add a chunk or two every now and then to keep the smoke going.

The academy sports here has all of them, the oak mini logs are 10 bucks(40Lb bags price might have gone up cause its cold:shock:), I think apple is the more expensive one of the bunch 14 bucks. I buy oak an pecan logs and split them to place through my uds basket, but they would also work good on a stick burner once at temp to maintain it.

...............................Oak...........................................Pecan
2012-04-27%252016.02.14.jpg

Back