Ribs, no garnish

P

Paola Greg

If you want to consider a turn in without using any greens to insure judges do not consider garnish, and only judge the meat for apperance, here is an example.
No, these were not from a contest that I received scores from, just a practice box.

Attachments

• Ribs_04-02-06.jpg
    Ribs_04-02-06.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 94
Man those are beautiful. Other than the bottom one being cracked a little definitley a 9. you can see the moisture on em even through the pic.

9, very unisum, great color, moist..... ok here is my address to send them to ...

If I were to turn in a box w/out garnish, I would pack it with as much meat as I could.

That looks like a 9 to me.

I agree with Steve...puts all of the focus on the meat. don't have to spend time trying to decide of the garnish looks good.

Very nice Greg - 9 for me. When are you going to try it in a contest?

I really like that.. I think I will borrow your idea for my first comp box this weekend!!!

I don't like no garnish - 5

J/k.... I don't like babybacks - 4

Ok, really... nice looking ribs... but can you freeze them and send them to me to give a good answer?

I usually cook St Louis Spares, I honestly don't know where I bought those ribs, it was last winter, but it was probably at my local grocery store, which is Price Chopper.

garnish |?gärni sh | verb [ trans. ] 1 decorate or embellish (something, esp. food) : salad garnished with an orange slice.

Just a thought. When did garnish become a bed of greens instead of a sprig of parsley or some such thing?

It seems that the green color does contrast very well with the smoke ring and highlights it. Removing every bit of "garnish" might not feature the color of the meat as well as a little green for contrast.

None of this probably makes any sense to the judges, but I think it might be worth some experimenting with much less green arranged in some artful manner.

But then , what do I know?

Damn, those ribs look good !

Make sure you keep your box garnish-free in the FBA Smokin Gator; DQ's suck.:wink:

Lol... I'll remember that one... I've read the farkin rules so many times I think I could state them verbatim!!!

Back