View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #7294
blackdog043
is one Smokin' Farker

"I would like to leave with one big question. I read that some people manage to maintain their smoker temps like within 10 degrees for hours! I would like to know how that happens. :) Now, with my UDS temp control is in fact very good.. however there is one catch... it's not exactly where I want it. It's where it wants it. :) I am very happy with the temp control I have, but I don't think I can do better. Maybe it's the fuel? I just use normal grade charcoal (Kingsford, or Stubs brand)."

I would say, your air flow is not working the way it should. If you use the KISS method your drum temp would be easier to dial in to what you want it!! Easy way to try it, close your side exhaust vents and open the 2" bung hole for exhaust. Leave it wide open and control your temp with the intake. If you want more smoke flavor add more wood chunks. I don't know what the other sites say to do, this is the best on the net for help with anything Q, hands down, in my opinion. Give the KISS method a try and see if it works for you. People on here have more problems trying to improve what works. Not saying you can't come up with some other design that will work for you.
22.5 OTG
22.5 OTS
UDS
Mini WSM
Super Fast [COLOR=red][B]Red[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen :thumb:

[B]Got butt ? Smoke it !![/B]
blackdog043 is offline   Reply With Quote