• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WESTERN W3 BBQ Cook-Off Series

Smoke'n Ice

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
There is a series of 3 IBCA sanctioned contest in and around the San Antonia area in November, January and March with a projected total payout of over $100,000.00.

100% of entry fees will be included in the payouts and it is being sponsored by, and promoted by, Western Wood.

Got a few new wrinkles in the scoring and reporting and it appears that everyone will it least know how far they got in the table rounds as points are awarded for each advancement. These points go for a series GC and RGC as well as each category overall.

Looks interesting and is being limited to 150 teams at each event with an entry fee of $250 each event. They are advertising large spaces and power as well.

This could prove to be a very interesting type of event and according to their facebook page, they are close to capacity. Has anyone looked at this and have more information? I'm sorely tempted to enter because of the scoring format being used.

I had hoped they would spread them out around Texas a bit more, making it more accessible, possibly Dallas, San Antonio and Houston, but oh well. For that kind of loot, I guess it's worth the drive.

They indicated that they had spent 6 months looking at existing cookoffs and trying to get agreement on 100% entry payback and will continue to work in the Dallas, Houston and San Antonio areas for future events. They appear to be very cooker friendly and as a result, I have signed up for this series.

It's actially better than some of the KCBS contests and have overcome one of my main issues with IBCA: inability to track your results with the exception of "you made the finals table."

Another good thing is no parsley.

Back