1st brisket is in the smoker!

jminion said:
I remember the fist time I fried cabbge for my wife, she thought I was crazy. She has been making ever since. Good stuff.

Validation from a master. Gotta love that!

If your doing a lot of grilling ( for a large group on a big grill) pig tails work pretty well.
You can't really seal in juice or poak a whole in a piece of meat and drain the juices out.
Keeping a piece moist is the result of not over cooking.
All that said, I use a good pair of long tongs, works just as well.

Dang I just realized how old this thread was. Sorry mods if I violated any antique thread revival rules haha.

Hey, Neil, This comes to mind... How come you don't call me...anymore.....

Wow, Jim Minion. THE Jim Minion on your first Brisket cook. I though Ray Perez helping me was something. Jim Minion.... I mean there is no such universal term as "Perez Method" recognized by as many people across all disciplines. Jim Freakin Minion. We are getting old Neil.

Oh I remember the days I would check my brisket that early in a cook and poke it in multiple spots to get multiple readings....

Note to new visitors:

Once upon a time, there was a noob named Neil. He made briskets using clay pots because Alton Brown said it could be done.

Years and many pounds of briskets later, he owns his own BBQ shop. He caters. He mentors.

It can happen to you, if you listen to the advice given here, and keep practicing.

Back