Lang 84 restoration!

alphaking

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Well I posted on another thread that I was looking for paint to restore a Lang 84 Deluxe that a buddy and I picked up for a business venture. I said I'd reply back to let everyone know how the paint did and I can't find the thread. So here goes... We picked this cooker up in sad shape and cleaned everything thoroughly, got a lot of the rust and all the gunk out with a brush burner. We had the rest sandblasted, sprayed a cleaner to get any residue or oil off, and hit it with 11 cans of 2000* Rustoleum over 2 days. It turned out beautiful, and still under $2500 when all was said and done. Cooked 2 racks of spares, a rack of beef ribs and a chicken on it Tuesday and loved the way everything turned out. Here are the pics everyone wants to see. So far I highly recommend the 2000* Rustoleum. I picked it up at Autozone as an engine paint, and was unable to find anything past 500* at Lowe's. Enjoy.

Before Pics:

IMG_0540.jpg
IMG_0541.jpg
IMG_0542.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg
IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg

That was after 6 cans. Got all the other spots since. Will post the pics of the cook in a day or two. They're on a friends camera.

Nicely done... great to see you restore that beauty..:-D :clap2: :clap2:

Now that's what I call a restoration, very nice indeed. Did you hire someone to do the blasting or did you do it yourself?

Great job!

Hint. Everytime ya fire her up, give it a light coat of Crisco and you'll NEVER see rust again. :thumb:

Good job. Did you get a good deal on it?

Nice looking rig you got there. In the future is it possible for you to post pictures up and down and not side to side? Took like 5 minutes to scroll to the right! :tape:

Very Nice Work :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I love how my my Lang cooks.

Thanks guys. I'm really loving the way this thing cooks, and will definitely be posting pics in the future.

Now that's what I call a restoration, very nice indeed. Did you hire someone to do the blasting or did you do it yourself?
We got a local auto shop to do the blasting. We were quoted $30/hr, and I think it was around $210 when it was done. Well worth it.

Back