Loco brand cola

fivelombardis

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

i was watching the food network last week, and i noticed a new brand of cola called "loco" they have a lime with chile pepper flavored one...i got to thinking about how this would work as a marinade for a brisket. same as TK's but with this chile pepper flavored cola. the people on the show drinking it were commenting on the fact that it had a good kick (burn) because of the peppers.

do any of you guys live in an area where this stuff is sold?

if so, maybe you could check out the flavors they sell and pick one to "sacrifice" a brisket with!

robert

If I remember correctly from many posts on the "DP Marinade", the Dr. Peper (cola) in the "DP marinade" does not add any flavor to the meat. It just tenderized the meat. So if this new soda does not have similar ingredients of Coke and DP, then it would be of no use?

Curious, John

Yea I found it and close by as well. But isn't it illegal to ship coke ?

brd1958 said:
Yea I found it and close by as well. But isn't it illegal to ship coke ?

yeah it is...of course after eating all the Q we eat, i'm sure we're all in possession of A LOT of crack!!

Went to Cost Plus. Didnt find this stuff, but need to go back. Made mistake of going with tired 4 year old.

By the way, anyone near one of these stores has got to check it out.

All kinds of gourmet food and junk to check out. Going back to look for Hab Jelly, and they had a whole line of Asian grilling sauces and stuff.

Think my next trading post partner will be getting some of this stuff.

willkat98 said:
Went to Cost Plus. Didnt find this stuff, but need to go back. Made mistake of going with tired 4 year old.

By the way, anyone near one of these stores has got to check it out.

All kinds of gourmet food and junk to check out. Going back to look for Hab Jelly, and they had a whole line of Asian grilling sauces and stuff.

Think my next trading post partner will be getting some of this stuff.

no that's okay Bill...i'm going back to S. Texas this weekend and i'll pick some up on the way through San Antonio. Thanks anyway...you guys are great!!!

robert

Back