WSM High heat or low and slow Country Style Ribs?????

Vince B

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
As the title says. I plan on making country style pork ribs today. My question is high heat or low and slow? Also depending on what temp we go with about how long for the cook? These will be made on my 18 wsm

I plan on making some wings as well and depending on how I make the CSR's I will modify my cook for them TIA Vince

Last edited:
Just reading a while ago that internal temp for csr's should be 165*. So now to decide what temp? Seems that a low and slow will take 3-4 hours from what I have read this morning. However HH I think might render a little more of the fat. What say you? TIA Vince

Country Style Ribs are just sliced pork butt...

I sear mine and then move to indirect. Probably about 235 degrees until they are done. It just depends on what your desired outcome is. They are going to be tough if you don't cook them long enough.

(PS: your cryptic subject line may keep some people from looking at this thread)

(PS: your cryptic subject line may keep some people from looking at this thread)

I was looking in the merchandise section for a BBQ Brethren decoder ring

My $.02 is I try to keep it low and slow unless I am doing large cuts like brisket or butts or if I just want higher temps say to get bacon done on a fatty.

Thanks guys. I have them in a marinade from Lawry's. It is the steak and chop one with garlic and black pepper I believe. This will be the second time for me to make these. The last time I made them on the gasser with just a basic salt and pepper rub topped with BBQ sauce. We loved them and they are cheap. Figured since I had the smoker going today with a bunch of stuff to smoke, I would try them out on the wsm. Hot wings are on now. Then when the wings are ready a boneless pork roast is going on with the CSR's. Going to make a side of red taters with garlic, butter and rosemary for a side thanks to Neil! Thanks again. Vince

I cook mine at 250 degrees for 4-5 hours.
We do a lot of them here.

Back