What local brews are you into?

Got this video in my Email today. Had to share. Best beer I have ever tasted, bar none.

Searched hard for this thread, so I could share. Too "Beer Geeky" for me, but some will like it.

Alpine brewery in E. San Diego County, CA has a brewpub that serves BBQ. Stick with beer only.

Making Alpine Brewing Co.'s Nelson IPA:[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fPaRrTn7yE"]West Coaster "Behind the Brew" - Alpine Nelson IPA - YouTube[/ame]

I had others tell me the Founders KBS was rare, it was on tap at our local bar, in the big town of Hollywood Township, MN which has the bustlin population of around 1,100 people. I think my wife and I drank at least 8 beers off that keg.
Drinking beer has finally paid off!!!
This bar put out an invite to people to be beer tasters for a local beer magazine called "The Growler". My wife and I are on the panel tonight. I am hoping to taste a lot of local brews as there are so many new breweries popping up.

Got this video in my Email today. Had to share. Best beer I have ever tasted, bar none.

Searched hard for this thread, so I could share. Too "Beer Geeky" for me, but some will like it.

Alpine brewery in E. San Diego County, CA has a brewpub that serves BBQ. Stick with beer only.

Making Alpine Brewing Co.'s Nelson IPA:West Coaster "Behind the Brew" - Alpine Nelson IPA - YouTube
Duet is my favorite from Alpine and at the top of my all time West Coast IPA's list :thumb:
Note: Alpine has limited capacity in their brewery and has made an agreement with Green Flash to make Duet and Nelson on a rotating basis. Not a contract beer but they will brew it there under strict supervision. They have started with Nelson in April and May will be Duet. So expect to start seeing more Alpine up north. It has already started flowing up here in the LA/North OC area, I had a pint of Nelson last Saturday at Eagle Rock in LA. :thumb:

Last edited:
Duet is my favorite from Alpine and at the top of my all time West Coast IPA's list :thumb:
Note: Alpine has limited capacity in their brewery and has made an agreement with Green Flash to make Duet and Nelson on a rotating basis. Not a contract beer but they will brew it there under strict supervision. They have started with Nelson in April and May will be Duet. So expect to start seeing more Alpine up north. It has already started flowing up here in the LA/North OC area, I had a pint of Nelson last Saturday at Eagle Rock in LA. :thumb:

MIL lives 2 minutes from the brewery. We carry a bunch of growlers in ice chests every time we visit. Like bootleggers!

Iron Goat is on my favorites list. I need to wear my Iron Goat shirt tonight for my tasting. Their beers are absolutely fantastic, every one. Which is crazy, I never have tasted beers where every one was unique but tasted great. Goatnik is great too.

Yendor, I've godda ask, what the heck were you doing in Spo-kompton???

And, were you able to pop into Dry Fly distillery next to No-Li?
I grew up in the 'Kan, one of the owners of Iron Goat went to school with my older brother. I am the only member of my immediate family that no longer lives there.

Dry Fly was closed the day that we went to No-Li. I was looking forward to going in there too.

I grew up in the 'Kan, one of the owners of Iron Goat went to school with my older brother. I am the only member of my immediate family that no longer lives there.

Dry Fly was closed the day that we went to No-Li. I was looking forward to going in there too.

Great folks there @ Iron Goat! They just knocked out a wall in the tap room so it runs the length of the building, now they have 3x the space and room for live music! :thumb:

I live in brewery heaven. I've got probably close to 20 of them within a 5-mile radius. A few of my favorites

Red Hook (not much of a microbrew, but their brewery is about 2 miles from my house)
Trippelhorn
12 Bars Brew
Black Raven
Hi-Fi
Dirty Bucket
Brickyard Brewing
Mac & Jack's
Big Al's
Manny's
Elysian
Pike

& coming soon
Holy Mountain Brewing (being built & founded by my former comp teammate)

My neighbor bobby went to a failing brewery and asked them if they would make him some beer . Only god knows why they said no. So the next day he shows up with the deed and keys and fifty people that live in town that didn't have a job. Now they have a job and Benny's.

Last edited:
They just tapped a smoked porter at my favorite local brewery: Black Swan Brewpub

They also have a Cream Stout, a Barley Wine and a Scottish Ale that are outstanding!

Back