Rotisserie Chicken Appreciation Thread (pron)!

grilling24x7

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
When the weather gets nicer I love breaking out my rotisserie. I don't mind doing steaks, burgers, bbq stuff in the winter but to me rotisserie chicken is my spring and summer favorite. So good, so easy and fun to break out the Weber rotisserie attachment.

With Costco chickens being so cheap there is no excuse not to do it every weekend! :clap2:

chipotle_chicken3.jpg

Those are some great looking birds!:thumb:

What kind of seasonings did you guys put on them?

I did a spicy dry rub with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley and onion flakes. The spicy chicken rub I used is written here: http://www.grilling24x7.com/chipotle_chicken.shtml

I just made a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and tossed in some pureed chipotles in adobo to kick it up a bit. Wow!:clap:

I got a rotis a few weeks ago and have been loving it! Got a Ribolator on the way too. :whoo:

Well this ain't gonna be as purty as y'all's, but here you go...

rotissweetpo-1.jpg

I don't have a rotisserie attachment for my kettles so I usually just do BCC or spatchcocked. After seeing the pics so far i may have to start looking for the add-on kit.

I just used my good old "goto" Famous Dave's Rib Rub, and I sprayed them down a few times during the cook with a 50/50 mix of AJ and Apple Cider Vig.

I don't have a rotisserie attachment for my kettles so I usually just do BCC or spatchcocked. After seeing the pics so far i may have to start looking for the add-on kit.

It took me alot to cough up the $139 for the Weber Rot kit, but man I am glad I did. And.....Pork Loins spun on it.....oh gawd, that should be a diff thread! :-D

I have the old 22" Redhead "dedicated" for the Rot, just stays on there all the time and keeps me from swapping it around on the OTG.

I love cooking on the rotisserie I made out of an old beer keg. I do lamb legs and steaks (steaks for souvlakis), whole chickens and chicken thighs (thighs for souvlakis) and beef. The flavours are outstanding and its so easy to do.

Back