New wood smoker ideas please

BBQNCO

Reaction score
So, I got for father's day two years ago a little Char-Broil Big Easy gas grill/smoker/rotisserie. I got some decent smoke out of it, but what a bloody pain to put more wood into it!! I am looking to get into an offset smoker. My wife (aka HH6) has put a provision on me buying one. It needs to be able to also grill.

I was looking at a couple of offsets that have a drum grill in the middle (Medina River Outdoors 68 Big Daddy Double Smoker) and was wondering if anyone could help me. I was also looking at a Dyna-Glo Offset Smoker and buying a second grill so she could use that one. Any help finding something at a reasonable price would also be a great help. Thanks everyone who helps in advance :smile:

whats your budget ? and what do you cook ?

Richard, right now I'm using a Char-Broil Big Easy and cooking everything from ribs and butts to salmon and turkeys. I would like to keep it under 500, but would be wiling to go as high as 1k (though that would mean waiting till later this year).

Keep what you have as a grill and take your time to find a smoker that fits your needs. Don't rush into a purchase....

I bought an offset years ago because I wanted it. When it came to using it, it was not really what I needed. I wound up waiting to sell the offset to purchase a vertical.

Long story made short, think about what your actual needs are and when you select a smoker that fits them, ask for input to help guide your selection.

what about a pellet smoker ? an older made in Oregon Treager can be had for a good price , tons of support and parts are easy to get

IamMadMan, I was looking at an offset vertical for smoking (the Dyna-Glo) because the way an offset is designed appears that it would be easier to start and the vertical portion would meet all my smoking needs. I will be doing it for family and friends, but also for my Soldiers (so need to be able to do a good amount at a time for them, a couple butts and racks of ribs). I can't make as much as I want right now due to the space constraints from the Big Easy. Also trying to find a Bandera with how little is out there on the Dyna-Glo (only thing I heard is that it is not reliable with temps and getting to 250).

Back