• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

100 pounds of mixed meat today!

CaptGrumpy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I still have to upload my pics from my Iphone but here is what I am up to,
Monday was my 48th birthday and I was Egging up some spare ribs for a Monday Night Football party get-together at my neighbor's house. My neighbor, Bob, was home on hospice with a terminal case of C.O.P.D and my wife & I have been spending a lot of time with our friend that my wife has known since she was 12 years old. To cut to the chase, Bob never made the party and took his last breath at 6:15 Monday evening.
Since I can remember, I have been taking food over to Bob for years since he was always home alone and a widower. I would take him prime rib, fresh caught salmon (cooked of course), fresh dungness crab straight out of the pot after a long day of crabbing, tritip straight off the Egg and ..well you get the picture, I liked to feed my neighbor and he loved to brag about my cooking skills.
My wife volunteered me to cook all the meat for tomorrow's celebration following his service so I told them it will bve done today and warmed in the morning because I can not stay up all night and function tomorrow so here isd what I have smokin': 10 chickens cooked as halves and then quartered in the trays, (5) 3+ pound tritip, 4 racks of spare ribs, and a 20 pound turkey. Almost done with everything but the turkey which will start about midnight.
I love my Big Green Eggs! And my Digi-Q II !

Hey Captain Grumpy, condolences on the loss of your family friend, there can be no greater honor than to feed people in a friend's honor. Sounds like a good job in the making.

Da ribs atre starting to come off the smoker and into the tray!
Q.jpg

Qb.jpg

Qc.jpg

Stuffing the fridge!
Qa.jpg

The house keeps filling with smoke when I open the back door! Good God I am going to have food dreams tonight!:mrgreen:

Look dude if you're going to just pop in and tease us every month or so you'll need to stop in Cattle Call each time...

What nice jesture, and a great way to pay tribute to your neighbor and friend. I'm sure your efforts will go a long way with the family, and I'm sure he will be looking down and smiling the whole time.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, I have one next door the same. Good Looking stuuf your cooking there!

Hey Grump...

Really sorry I didn't notice the part about the friend. It's good to see you back on the forum and sorry for your lost.

Im sorry for the loss of your friend/neighbor Bob.

What a great gesture on your part for cooking and feeding Bobs friends and relatives.
Thats a big project for sure.

I am sorry for you and your wifes loss. That is a wonderful thing that you are doing. God bless you.

Very sorry about the loss of your friend. Nice of you to cook all the food which looks great. One of the Pics. I assume Tritip looks like it has something going around the outside rim of the Egg- just curious as to what it is

Back