• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

RedKamado

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Being a new member I figured I'd contribute by posting some pictures of a fine meal I made on Saturday; smoked chicken sandwich.
The day before I made a jar of tangy Carolina sauce. I started cook day by making Mayo dressing while the Kamado warmed up. Next, the chicken was rubbed and put on the "Joe". While the chicken cooked, I whipped up some home made cole slaw. Then, the chicken came off the grill and was pulled apart. Finally, I tossed a few pickles on a bun, added slaw, chicken, and that fantastic sauce and stuffed my face!
This meal was amazing! The best part is I made enough leftovers to last me a day or two.
Happy to share my mayo and slaw recipe if there is interest.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Looks delicious. Welcome to the forum!

That 'bout looks good enough to eat!

I know I sure would.

Nice to see you posting over in Q-Talk!

Thanks for the kind words y'all.
Holly isnt to far from me.
Im about 25 minutes west of Lansing, in fact, just about half way between Lansing and Grand Rapids.

That is looking very good! I will have to visit Michigan Carolina some time soon :razz:.

Ya. Where are you located, roughly. I’m SW of traverse city
Traverse City and that whole part of Michigan is nice! I have fond memories especially of Shorts brewery in Bellaire :)
Im about 25 minutes west of Lansing, in fact, just about half way between Lansing and Grand Rapids.

Yes please, that looks delicious!

What temp did you good the yard bird? May have to try a similar recipe this weekend.

Yes please, that looks delicious!

What temp did you good the yard bird? May have to try a similar recipe this weekend.

Thanks! I think I let the chicken smoke around 250 until internal temp of 160. Then I boosted to 300 degrees and let the skin crisp up.

The kamado really keeps meat moist, and I had a water pan in there to ensure I didnt over cook it when I ramped up the temperature at the end of the cook. Came out great!

Great looking meal!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back