Roll Call. Inside 30 days. DC Capital BBQ Battle 6/25-6/26

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
No MBM this year and the KCBS is spread over 2 days - anyone in?

Last edited:
Like Tim, i was there last year. Wont be able to make it this year though. Another awesome contest right in downtown DC. Folks were well behaved for the sheer number of folks that are there.

Hey Mike, the dates are 6/25 - 6/26, not July. Either way, we wont be there, need a break. Have to finish a deck project.

We blew it off too. The entry fee is just too high for the payout plus the MBN portion gave us an extra chance to recoup some coin....We liked to cook there but the load in and load out was just too much. Add to the fact that no one was allowed to setup until 10:00 PM and when we enter....sure as the world one team is set up already and gone for the evening.

We blew it off too. The entry fee is just too high for the payout plus the MBN portion gave us an extra chance to recoup some coin....We liked to cook there but the load in and load out was just too much. Add to the fact that no one was allowed to setup until 10:00 PM and when we enter....sure as the world one team is set up already and gone for the evening.

I could write pages on this contest, instead I'll just say "yep, I agree".

What team are you talking about? :behindsofa:

It was an ultra cool event to enter at least once. It's worth taking the family and making a trip and seeing the National Monuments, museums etc. That being said- not surprised they dropped the MIM portion as it was the absolute worst organized/run MIM-style contest we have ever cooked. The KCBS part seemed to run pretty smooth though, since they weren't too cheap to pay for reps for that part of it.

We reconsidered because 4 weeks was just too long not to cook another contest but apparently someone entered....I got an email saying they were full.

Leading up to the contest everyone said that barracades would be needed for our spots. The sheer numbee of people at the fest, everyone that was by me were respectful of the cooks and teams. I never had to kick people out of my spot for stepping over into my area...

Serial Griller will be cooking in Hot and historic D.C.
It's hard to pass up a chance to cook 3 hours or less from home.
Gonna miss competing against/ seeing y'all this time out. not. :)

Has anyone who's cooking this found out what time turn ins are and what gets turned in on what days?

Chicken - 6pm Sat
Brisket - 6:30 pm Sat
Ribs - 2pm Sun
Pork - 2:30 pm Sun

Back